Maharashtra
‘Maharashtra Govt Summons Kunal Kamra For Insulting ‘Traitor’, Remains Silent On Rahul Solapurkar’: Shiv Sena (UBT) Chief Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday said the Maharashtra government summoned comedian Kunal Kamra for insulting a “traitor,” but took no action against actor Rahul Solapurkar over his “insult” of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
He also targeted the BJP over its `Saugat-e-Modi’ initiative under which special kits for Eid are being distributed among Muslims, calling it “Saugat-e-Satta” (gift of power), and accused the saffron party of hypocrisy.
“When a comment was made against the ‘traitor’ (apparent reference to Eknath Shinde), the studio where the programme was recorded was stormed, and Kamra was sent two summons (for allegedly defaming Shinde). But has even a single summons been issued to Rahul Solapurkar, who allegedly insulted Shivaji Maharaj?” Thackeray asked, speaking to reporters “What right do you have to take action against Kamra? Whose image are you trying to protect?” he added.
Thackeray also said that Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis was trying to shield a man (Shinde) whom Kamra did not name directly in his show, but did not say anything about `the man Kamra named’. Notably, the Sena (UBT) mouthpiece `Saamana’ had earlier this week pointed out that the BJP was mum about Kamra’s direct jibes at Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the same show.
The stand-up comic, whose parody song targeting Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde led to an attack by Shinde supporters on a studio here on Sunday, has been summoned by Mumbai Police. The Shiv Sena (UBT) has often used the term “traitor” for Shinde, who rebelled against Thackeray and split the party in 2022.
Actor Solapurkar recently came under fire after stating in a podcast that Shivaji Maharaj, the 17th century Maratha warrior king, escaped from Agra Fort by bribing Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb’s officials and not by concealing himself in a basket of sweets as per the popular account. Some right-wing organisations took exception to the term “bribe.” On the BJP’s ‘Saugat-e-Modi’ programme, Thackeray said, “Will their `Saugat-e-Satta’ remain restricted till the Bihar elections or will it continue forever? The BJP should also declare that it has given up Hindutva.” “When the Shiv Sena received overwhelming support from Muslim voters, a hue and cry was made, saying that I had abandoned Hindutva. They even coined terms like ‘Satta Jihad’. But now, the same people have reversed their position,” said Thackeray, a former BJP ally.
Criticizing the BJP’s stand on communal issues, he said, “Muslims face police action, their homes are burnt, and Hindus are only used to instigate riots against Muslims.” “The BJP spread poison against Islam for many years, and now it wants the Muslim community to vote for it,” Thackeray said, adding, “the BJP should clarify whether it wants to offer poison or food to Muslims.” He would like to see pictures of BJP’s Hindutva advocates visiting Muslim households to distribute Saugat-e-Modi kits, Thackeray added.
The Devendra Fadnavis government lacked clarity and stability, he said.
“This is an uneasy government with a large mandate, yet no one knows who will lose his or her position next. The truth behind the violence in Nagpur is still not known,” he said.
Commenting on BJP leader Prashant Koratkar’s alleged phone call to a historian in Kolhapur during which Koratkar is accused of saying derogatory things about Shivaji Maharaj, Thackeray said, “I feel Koratkar may be asked to write a 300-word essay and let off.” He was apparently referring to the last year’s Porsche crash case in Pune where the juvenile driver was initially let off and asked to write an essay on road safety.
“Does anyone even remember what happened to the absconding directors of the Badlapur school where Akshay Shinde, an accused in a sexual assault case, died in a police encounter?” Thackeray asked.
Responding to recent demands for the removal of a dog’s memorial at Raigad Fort, Thackeray said, “What happened to the ground-breaking ceremony for the Shivaji Maharaj memorial in the Arabian Sea? An expert committee can be formed to discuss the issue of the dog’s memorial. But what legal action can be expected from a government that has forgotten the memorial to Shivaji?” Thackeray also questioned the assembly speaker’s delay in taking a decision on the Leader of Opposition’s post.
Maharashtra
Milind’s gangsters are a symbol of the city’s destruction, action is being taken under MPDA

Mumbai: Milind Police have taken action against Tek Shankar Dhotre, who created terror here by intimidating shopkeepers, passers-by and rickshaw drivers and collected money by threatening them. The action has been taken on the instructions of Additional Commissioner Mahesh Patil. The accused is a terror in the area. A total of 6 cases of violence against him have been registered against him for collecting money. He intimidates traders and shopkeepers and collects money from him every month. No one used to speak out against him. In such a situation, the police took the complainant into confidence and took action against him. He is a terror in Milind. After taking action under the MPDA, the accused was taken into custody and deported from Mumbai to other cities. The Mumbai Police has now started action against such goons to restore the trust of the public towards the police so that the public’s trust in the police is established and the fear of the police remains in the hearts of the goons.
Maharashtra
Mumbai Weather Update: City Continues To See Smog-Filled Morning Amid Rising Pollution; Overall AQI Remains In Unhealthy Range At 281

WETHER
Mumbai: Mumbai began its Friday with a deceptively pleasant chill, as minimum temperatures dipped just below 22°C, offering residents a brief sense of relief. However, this early coolness quickly gave way to discomfort as people stepped outside to find the city blanketed in a dense, lingering smog. Commuters heading out during peak morning hours encountered reduced visibility along with eye irritation, throat discomfort and difficulty breathing, clear signs of an atmosphere overloaded with pollutants.
What initially felt like a refreshing morning soon became yet another stark indicator of Mumbai’s steadily worsening air-quality crisis. A thick haze settled over major roads, residential complexes, commercial hubs and transit routes. With only weak winds sweeping across the region, there was little natural movement to disperse the pollutants that have been steadily accumulating throughout November.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) reported that the city is expected to experience clear skies through the day, with temperatures likely climbing to around 33°C in the afternoon. While the mild morning chill is expected to persist over the next few days, experts noted that there is still no sign of when Mumbai’s air quality might improve. The stagnant atmospheric conditions continue to trap particulate matter close to the surface, aggravating the city’s pollution load.
On Friday, Mumbai’s overall Air Quality Index (AQI) rose to a worrying 281, placing it firmly in the unhealthy category. This spike represents a major deterioration from earlier in the month, when several neighbourhoods reported moderate or merely poor readings. The decline is now citywide, affecting coastal stretches, industrial belts and densely populated residential areas alike.
Among the worst-affected locations, the Wadala Truck Terminal recorded an alarming AQI of 395, marking it as the most polluted spot of the day. Colaba followed with a reading of 317, while Chakala reported 310, both falling within the severe category.
Prominent business zones were not spared either: Worli and the Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) each logged AQI levels of 310, showing how uniformly pollution has spread across Mumbai’s central, western and eastern sectors.
Some suburbs fared marginally better but still failed to reach healthy levels. Kandivali East recorded the day’s lowest AQI at 130, classified as poor. Powai stood at 200, Malad West at 210, Parel Bhoiwada at 220, and Mulund West at 237, placing all within the poor to unhealthy range.
For context, an AQI of 0–50 is considered good, 51–100 moderate, 101–150 poor, 151–200 unhealthy, and anything above 200 classified as severe or hazardous. With much of the city now above that threshold, Mumbai continues to grapple with an air-quality crisis that shows no signs of easing.
Maharashtra
Mumbai: Massive Fire Breaks Out Inside Godown In Kurla’s Kismat Nagar;

Mumbai: A major fire erupted inside a godown in Kurla West’s Kismat Nagar area on Thursday night, triggering a swift response from the Mumbai Fire Department. Videos circulating on social media showed towering flames accompanied by dense black smoke rising high above the godown, visible from several hundred metres away.
According to officials, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Fire Brigade received an emergency call at 11:08 pm, following which multiple fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Initial assessments categorised the blaze as a Level-II fire, but as flames rapidly spread across adjoining structures, the situation escalated. By 11:44 pm, the Mumbai Fire Brigade declared it a Level-III (major) fire after the inferno engulfed nearly 10 to 12 chawl structures.
Firefighters battled the spreading flames through the night, working to prevent the blaze from reaching densely packed residential units in the vicinity. The godown where the fire originated was located within a chawl cluster, making containment especially challenging. Thick plumes of smoke blanketed surrounding localities as emergency teams attempted to bring the situation under control.
Several agencies were deployed as part of the coordinated response effort, including the BMC Fire Brigade, local police, ward officials, the Electricity Distribution Company and a 108 ambulance unit. Despite the scale of the fire and the proximity to residential structures, authorities reported no injuries so far. The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident late Wednesday night, a car fire on the Bandra Worli Sea Link caused major disruption to traffic. The vehicle, identified as a Honda sedan, reportedly rammed into the side barrier at high speed before catching fire. Motorists on the busy sea link were left stranded as a long traffic snarl developed, with many unsure of the cause until videos began circulating online.
Footage showed the vehicle completely charred, with firefighters working quickly to extinguish the flames. Though the fire generated thick smoke and intense heat, no casualties have been confirmed. Fire officials later stated that the blaze was brought under control after brief yet intense firefighting efforts.
-
Crime3 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra1 year agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News1 year agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra1 year agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News1 year agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime1 year agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
