National News
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis Orders World-Class Facilities, AI-Based Security At Jyotirlinga Temples
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday directed officials to ensure world-class facilities and a state-of-the-art integrated AI-based security system for devotees visiting Jyotirlinga shrines in the state.
During a meeting held at Varsha, his official residence, Fadnavis reviewed the development plans for the Bhimashankar Temple in Pune district, Aundha Nagnath Temple in Hingoli, and Grishneshwar Temple in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar.
“Jyotirlinga temples attract a large number of devotees throughout the year. Therefore, the development plans should be comprehensive and focused on creating excellent facilities and ensuring security,” he said.
The chief minister instructed officials to accelerate ongoing works and plan new ones effectively.
“An advanced, AI-based integrated security system should be developed to safeguard devotees and provide an immediate response during emergencies,” he said.
Fadnavis further said that facilities such as waiting halls, drinking water, accommodation, internal roads, cleanliness measures, information boards, tourist facilitation centres, parking management, emergency response systems, health facilities and eateries should be strengthened.
He emphasised that temple managements follow strict norms and residents and administrative bodies should be involved in planning and execution.
“Tourism projects that promote environmental conservation and local employment must be implemented quickly,” he said.
The chief minister said that the development plans presented at the meeting will receive funding after approval by a high-level committee, and he asked officials to organise a separate meeting with the Central government to secure clearances from the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
Crime
‘Give her to us’: Adobe techie Vinay Gupta’s mother, sister allege pre-planned murder by in-laws in Delhi

New Delhi, Aug 22: The mother and sister of 31-year-old software engineer Vinay Gupta, who was allegedly beaten to death by his in-laws in outer Delhi Nihal Vihar area, on Saturday alleged that the killing was pre-planned and demanded strict punishment for those responsible.
Speaking to reporters, Gupta’s mother alleged that her daughter-in-law had orchestrated the murder and deliberately called her relatives to their home.
“Give her to us, and we will punish her with our own hands. She orchestrated his murder and left,” she said.
According to her, the incident occurred early in the morning when her daughter-in-law allegedly called her brothers to the house. “We were preparing to serve them water, thinking that relatives had come to visit. But they did not want water. They grabbed him by his hands, choked his throat, jumped on his chest and killed him right before my eyes within five minutes,” she alleged.
She further claimed that when she tried to save her son, she too was assaulted. “When I rushed to save him, they beat me. When his father tried to rescue him, they assaulted him as well. Everything went dark before my eyes. There was no one else in the house. She had the CCTV cameras switched off,” the grieving mother stated.
Calling the incident pre-planned, she said there had been no major dispute before the attack. She claimed that six people were involved, of whom four had reportedly been detained while two are absconding.
Gupta’s sister, who was at her in-laws’ home at the time of the incident, also alleged that the killing had been planned in advance.
“My parents and my brother were alone at home. In the morning, she had an argument over something and stormed out of the house. Within just 10 minutes, she returned with six men from her family. She led them upstairs,” she said.
“My mother was preparing to serve them water, thinking that guests had arrived. But they refused the water, grabbed my brother by his hair, choked his throat and killed him. Before leaving the house, she had intentionally switched off the CCTV cameras,” she alleged.
She questioned how the relatives could have reached the house within 10 minutes when their residence was allegedly around 30 minutes away.
“It was completely pre-planned. Everything was orchestrated in advance,” she said, adding that her elderly parents were unable to save her brother.
The sister also alleged that Gupta’s wife frequently fought over minor issues and threatened the family. “There were six people who killed my brother,” she alleged.
The deceased was a resident of Laxmi Park and worked as a software engineer with Adobe in Noida. He had married his 31-year-old wife, a homemaker, around three-and-a-half years ago. The couple have twin children — a son and a daughter — who are about four-and-a-half months old.
According to the victim’s family, an argument broke out between Gupta and his wife in the morning over a matrimonial issue. Following the dispute, the woman allegedly contacted members of her parental family, who later arrived at the couple’s residence in Nihal Vihar.
The family alleged that Gupta was subsequently attacked and severely beaten by his wife’s relatives. Gupta was later rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. However, doctors declared him dead on arrival.
National News
15-year-old girl injured in Mumbai hit-and-run, police launch hunt for absconding biker

Mumbai, Aug 22: A 15-year-old girl was injured in a hit-and-run incident near Mumbai’s Vile Parle, officials said on Saturday, adding that the motorcyclist involved in the accident fled the spot and remains absconding.
According to the information available, the incident took place on NS Road No 1 near Mithibai College in Vile Parle when the teenager was crossing the road. A speeding motorcycle allegedly struck the girl before the rider fled the scene without stopping to assist her.
The accident reportedly occurred during the usual rush hour, when the road was witnessing regular traffic movement. The girl was crossing the road when the motorcycle suddenly approached at high speed and hit her, leaving her injured on the road.
The injured teenager was left lying on the road before assistance reached her.
Mumbai’s Juhu Police Station has registered a case against an unidentified person and initiated an investigation into the incident.
Police officials are currently working to identify the motorcyclist responsible for the accident and determine the circumstances that led to the collision.
Soon after receiving information about the incident, police personnel rushed to the spot and arranged for the injured girl to be taken to a nearby hospital.
She is currently undergoing treatment, while further details regarding the extent of her injuries are awaited.
Meanwhile, the police have launched a search operation to trace the biker who fled after the accident.
Investigators are examining CCTV footage recorded by cameras installed near the accident site in an effort to identify the motorcycle and its rider.
Officials are checking footage from shops, buildings, junctions and other locations surrounding NS Road No. 1 and the area near Mithibai College.
Police have expressed confidence that the accused will be identified and arrested soon.
National News
BJP criticises LoP Rahul Gandhi; Trinamool’s Saugata Roy hails his protest for students

New Delhi, Aug 22: BJP leaders on Saturday stepped up their criticism of Leader of Opposition (LoP) in the Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi, accusing him of failing to discharge his responsibilities and questioning his stance on the Vande Mataram issue. At the same time, Trinamool MP Saugata Roy praised Rahul Gandhi for taking up the cause of protesting students and described his intervention in getting an FIR filed in the pellet gun use case as a major achievement.
Union Minister Giriraj Singh, speaking in Mumbai, claimed Rahul Gandhi had not fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the post of Leader of Opposition. Referring to recent developments, Singh accused the Opposition of raising the Vande Mataram issue for political purposes.
Singh said, “Rahul Gandhi is unfortunately the Leader of Opposition of India, but he has never fulfilled the duties of a LoP. Yesterday’s incident was related to the pellet-gun case to remain in the media. The Opposition is talking about Vande Mataram. Even in 1937, it was removed under the pressure of Jinnah. And now Narendra Modi is the Prime Minister of the country. He worked to restore it…”
In West Bengal, BJP leader Dilip Ghosh also targeted LoP Gandhi over his political activities, questioning his decision to visit other places instead of Jharkhand, where students have been protesting over issues concerning them.
Ghosh said, “He isn’t going to Jharkhand, where students are protesting for their own interest. Their government is in power there, and the decision taken by the government was proven wrong by the court. So now, there is nothing left for Rahul Gandhi to do…”
BJP leader T.R. Sriniwas said, “Yesterday, there was entire FIR drama of Rahul Gandhi at the Parliament Street Police Station over the so-called Jantar Mantar fiasco. I would like to say to Rahul Gandhi, there was a drama in the late 80s and 90s called ‘Bakra Kishton Pe’. Now, what you are doing is ‘politics kishton pe’. This is what is happening. You are not a full-time politician, sir. You come at your leisure, do some drama, and go away. This is what you have done.”
However, Trinamool MP Saugata Roy defended LoP Gandhi’s intervention in the students’ protest and praised his role in raising the issue of filing of an FIR over the pellet gun issue.
Roy said, “I am happy that Rahul Gandhi, as a Leader of the Opposition, fought for the students’ cause. He staged a protest for nine hours, and finally, an FIR was registered regarding the police action and police atrocities against the students. This is a major achievement for Rahul Gandhi.”
The contrasting reactions highlight the political divide over Gandhi’s recent actions, with BJP leaders questioning his role as LoP while the Trinamool has backed his intervention on behalf of protesting students.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
