National News
LoP Gandhi to attend Cong organisational training camp in Kurukshetra
New Delhi, Jan 21: Congress MP and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi will on Wednesday participate in the party’s ongoing Sangathan Srijan (organisational creation) training camp in Kurukshetra, aimed at strengthening the party at the grassroots level.
The programme, being held at the Punjabi Dharamshala near Brahma Sarovar, has been underway for the past nine days and involves district-level leadership from Haryana and Uttarakhand.
During his visit, Rahul Gandhi will address and interact with the district presidents attending the training camp. The programme includes 59 district presidents from Haryana and Uttarakhand, who have been undergoing sessions focussed on organisational strengthening, election preparedness, and coordination at the booth and block levels. Senior Congress leaders described the camp as a crucial exercise ahead of upcoming electoral challenges.
Sirsa MP Kumari Selja termed the training camp a key initiative for reviving and reinforcing the party’s organisational structure. She said LoP Gandhi would seek feedback from district presidents and offer guidance.
“Rahul Gandhi will interact with the district presidents, seek feedback and provide guidance in view of the upcoming elections,” Selja said.
A senior party leader, requesting anonymity, said Rahul Gandhi is expected to spend nearly three hours at the camp. Besides addressing the trainees, he will meet the family members of the district presidents, pose for photographs, and have lunch at the venue before returning to Ambala AFS later in the day.
Reacting to the visit, APCC Vice President V. Gurunadham said, “In Kurukshetra, Haryana, the Congress Party is conducting a training camp. Our party leader, Rahul Gandhi, is also attending to address this training camp in Kurukshetra. It is good to know that the Congress Party is organizing such training camps.”
Party leaders believe Rahul Gandhi’s presence will boost the morale of district-level leaders and underline the Congress leadership’s focus on organisation-building from the ground up.
National News
Punjab BJP criticises Congress leaders for remarks on Sajjan Kumar’s demise

Punjab BJP President, Kewal Singh Dhillon, on Friday condemned remarks by Congress leaders describing former MP Sajjan Kumar, an accused in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, as a “role model.” He said that this statement once again exposed the party’s anti-Sikh mindset.Dhillon said even after 42 years of the horrific and painful 1984 riots, the wounds of the victim families remain unhealed.
At such a sensitive time, describing a key accused in the massacre as a “role model” is a condemnable attempt to rub salt into the wounds of the victim families and reopen their painful memories, he said.He further said no amount of condemnation “is enough for Congress’ anti-Sikh mindset. The Congress has repeatedly acted in a manner that has hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community”.
Dhillon asked the party to unconditionally apologise to the families of the victims and the entire Sikh community for such irresponsible and shameful statements made by its leaders.Kumar, who was serving life imprisonment in connection with the riots, died on Thursday at a Delhi hospital at the age of 80.Kumar, who was lodged in Tihar Jail, was taken to Safdarjung Hospital after his health deteriorated. Doctors declared him brought dead on arrival.
The former Congress leader had been convicted for his role in the violence in Delhi’s Palam Colony on November 1 and 2, 1984, following the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi by her two Sikh bodyguards.On December 17, 2018, the Delhi High Court overturned a trial court’s 2013 verdict acquitting Kumar in the case. He was subsequently convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.
The case related to the murder of five Sikh men in Raj Nagar Part I, Palam Colony, as well as the burning of a gurdwara during the widespread violence.the High Court held Kumar guilty of criminal conspiracy and abetment and directed that he remain in prison for the remainder of his natural life. In its judgment, the court had described the 1984 anti-Sikh violence as “crimes against humanity”.
Maharashtra
‘Won’t leave protest site until new FIR lodged’: Congress leaders support Rahul Gandhi’s sit-in

Congress leaders, who have been accompanying Leader of Opposition (LoP) in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi during his sit-in outside a Delhi police station on Friday, asserted that the agitation will continue till the police registers a fresh First Information Report (FIR) as sought by a purported pellet-gun victim.
LoP Gandhi, who was later joined by Congress MP Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, is staging the sit-in outside the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police at Delhi’s Parliament Street Police Station, protesting the alleged refusal of the police to register an FIR on a complaint by a student, Sahil Lochab, who the Congress claimed, suffered pellet-gun injuries during last month’s protests demanding education reforms at Jantar Mantar.
Speaking to reporters, Congress MP Jairam Ramesh said: “His (Lochab’s) lawyer has demanded the registration of an FIR. This is not some general FIR but rather a strictly defined one, concerning the illegal manner in which police action took place (against Sahil), where pellet guns were used.”Maintaining that their demand has not been accepted yet, he said: “Discussions must be going on. They must have spoken to the Home Secretary, they must have spoken to the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, and ultimately, they have to speak to the Home Minister. But so far, nothing has been conveyed to us.”
“Rahul ji is absolutely clear: Until an FIR is registered, and a new FIR registration number is given, we will not leave from here,” he asserted.Admitting that a general FIR regarding complaints against the alleged police action during the July 20 Parliament march has been registered, Ramesh specified that the pellet gun victim has sought a new FIR.”It is completely unacceptable and condemnable that the BJP is viewing the matter through the lens of polarisation.”Congress MP Kishori Lal Sharma also took part in the agitation.
“This is a very shameful matter. The democratic right of an ordinary citizen states that if any injustice is done to him, an FIR should be registered. But they are not even registering that as the government is scared,” Sharma remarked while speaking to IANS.”The Leader of the Opposition had to come here… Does any investigation take place without registering an FIR? Why is the government scared about the truth coming out regarding who ordered the use of pellet guns? The Home Minister didn’t come to the Parliament and FIRs are also not being registered,” he said.
Congress leader Mukul Wasnik, who was also present at the site, said: “Our fight will continue till the government reveals the truth regarding who ordered the firing of pellet guns on students.”Meanwhile, Congress MP Pramod Tiwari told reporters in Uttar Pradesh that Rahul Gandhi has gone to “secure the right of a victim”.
“The pellet gun was fired on the 20th (of July). Today, it has been over a month, yet no FIR has been filed so far. So, Rahul Gandhi went to file an FIR to seek justice in accordance with the laws of India. Under Indian law—and anywhere in the world—filing an FIR is every victim’s absolute right. He went there to secure the right of a victim, and all of us stand with him in this struggle,” he said.Further, he accused the Centre of “shielding the accused”.In Rajasthan, Congress leader Sachin Pilot said: “Rahul Gandhi is making every effort to ensure that those people get justice…The youths who were hit by pellet guns…Everyone has the right to seek justice…”
National News
India, Brazil sign ICT MoU to deepen digital, telecom cooperation

India and Brazil have signed a memorandum of understanding to deepen cooperation in telecommunications and information and communications technologies (ICTs) on the sidelines of the BRICS ICT Track Meeting, the Department of Telecommunications said on Friday.
The agreement will advance digital innovation, strengthen digital infrastructure and foster cooperation in emerging technologies, the Department of Telecommunications said in an X post.
The MoU was signed on the sidelines of the 12th BRICS Communications Ministers Meeting in Pune by Union Minister of Communications, Jyotiraditya M. Scindia and H.E. Mr. Frederico de Siqueira Filho, Minister of Communications, Brazil.
With the caption, “Strengthening India-Brazil cooperation in the digital and telecom space”, Scindia said in an X post that the MoU would deepen bilateral collaboration on “universal connectivity, cybersecurity, digital public infrastructure, emerging technologies, capacity building and exchange of best practices”.
He called the agreement a strong step forward in bolstering India-Brazil collaboration for a secure and inclusive digital future.
The event drew government officials, industry leaders, academia, startups and research institutions from across BRICS member countries. The Forum, institutionalised at the 7th BRICS Communications Ministers’ Meeting hosted by India in 2021, is the multi-stakeholder platform of the BRICS ICT Track.
The first thematic panel discussion at the event focused on cybersecurity and Trustworthy ICTs, including Child Online Protection, and addressed the security and trust dimension of digital transformation.
BRICS Ministers have consistently emphasised the need for a balanced and holistic approach in these areas to advance digital development alongside safeguards for privacy, public interest and the protection of vulnerable users.
The second thematic discussion focused on Sustainable and Resilient Digital and ICT Ecosystems, addressed universal, meaningful and affordable connectivity, energy-efficient and climate-resilient infrastructure, and the role of emerging approaches including satellite and non-terrestrial systems.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
