Connect with us
Wednesday,19-August-2026
Breaking News

Sports

IPL 2025: When and where to watch RR vs KKR, head-to-head record

Published

on

Guwahati, March 26: After opening their Indian Premier League (IPL) 2025 season with a loss against Sunrisers Hyderabad, the Rajasthan Royals will look to bounce back when they host Kolkata Knight Riders at the ACA Stadium in Guwahati on Wednesday.

RR and KKR were also slated to face off at the same venue last year but the match was washed out due to rain.

Both the Royals and the Knight Riders will be looking for their first wins of the IPL 2025 season. RR are currently eighth on the IPL 2025 points table with a net run rate of -2.200 while KKR are seventh with an NRR of -2.137.

As the RR vs KKR head-to-head record reads, the two teams have played each other 30 times in the IPL, with the Royals and the Knight Riders winning 14 each. Two matches ended in no results.

Interestingly two of the matches between the two teams went into Super Overs with the Royals clinching both of them.

When will the RR vs KKR match take place?

The match will take place on Wednesday. The match will begin at 7:30 PM IST, with the toss scheduled for 7 PM IST.

Where will the RR vs KKR match take place?

The match will be played at ACA Stadium in Guwahati.

Where will the live broadcast for RR vs KKR match be available?

The match will be broadcast live on the Star Sports network.

Where will live streaming for RR vs KKR match be available?

The match will be streamed live on the JioHotstar app.

Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson (c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Riyan Parag, Dhruv Jurel, Jofra Archer, Shimron Hetmyer, Tushar Deshpande, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Nitish Rana, Sandeep Sharma, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Kwena Maphaka, Akash Madhwal, Vaibhav Suryavanshi, Shubham Dubey, Yudhvir Singh, Kunal Singh Rathore, Ashok Sharma, Kumar Kartikeya

Kolkata Knight Riders: Rinku Singh, Varun Chakaravarthy, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Harshit Rana, Ramandeep Singh, Venkatesh Iyer, Quinton de Kock, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Anrich Nortje, Angkrish Raghuvanshi, Vaibhav Arora, Mayank Markande, Rovman Powell, Manish Pandey, Spencer Johnson, Luvnith Sisodia, Ajinkya Rahane (c), Anukul Roy, Moeen Ali, Chetan Sakariya

Sports

FIFA sacks chief operating officer after criticism of Infantino’s sell-off plan

Published

on

New Delhi : FIFA has reportedly sacked its chief operating officer Kevin Lamour after he criticised president Gianni Infantino’s plan to sell stakes in the World Cup to investors.

The staff of the world body were informed of the development via an email from its secretary general, Mattias Grafstorm, who told the organisation that the two parties have “agreed to part ways”.

A report in BBC Sport quoted a FIFA spokesperson saying that “the working relationship between FIFA and Kevin Lamour as Chief Operating Officer has ended on 17 August 2026. FIFA thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future.”

The report further quoted the letter sent to the staff, saying that the decision was made after ‘careful consideration’. “I would like to provide you with an important update regarding a change within the FIFA Administration.

“Following recent discussions, FIFA and our Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Lamour, have agreed to part ways. This decision was made after careful consideration and with great respect for Kevin, both personally and professionally… I felt it was important that I personally provide you with this update, and I would like to express my gratitude to Kevin for these contributions and for his work and commitment on behalf of FIFA on a daily basis. I wish Kevin all the best for the future,” it said.

This came after Lamour criticised Infantino’s plan to sell the stakes of the World Cup, which was later abandoned by the 56-year-old after he received severe backlash from UEFA, AFC and CONCACAF. Lamour had called the sell-off plan “the project of one person”.

He further stated that the FIFA administration was “deceived” about the abandoned plan. “Our mission – the mission of the hundreds of passionate, dedicated, and exemplary FIFA employees – is to serve football. A president must bring people together, unite them, and inspire them. Today, we are experiencing the opposite,” he had said.

Lamour went vocal and was not worried about his job in the governing body. “If that means I lose my job, then so be it,” he added. “I will understand and respect that decision. At least I’ll sleep well tonight.”

Recently, UEFA, CONCACAF and AFC accused the world governing body of “fundamental breach of trust” and “deception” over the management of the plans to sell the World Cup stakes. The three bodies had hit out at Infantino. “This is about something more fundamental: the integrity of the game, and the integrity of those elected to lead it,” the joint statement read.

“Leadership in football is not a possession. It is not about holding – or demanding – power to be held. It is a duty of service to the football family that entrusts it. When trust is broken through deception, when an individual places himself above the collective that entrusted him with authority, that duty has been abandoned.”

Continue Reading

Sports

Badminton WC: Sindhu makes winning start with clinical opening-round victory

Published

on

Former winner PV Sindhu began her latest World Championships campaign emphatically, brushing aside Ireland’s Sophia Noble 21-7, 21-11 in just 29 minutes in the 2026 edition at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium on Monday to move into the women’s singles Round of 32.

The fifth-seeded Irish debutant, ranked 141st in the world, found herself under pressure almost immediately against the World No. 9. Sindhu, who raced through the opening exchanges and established an 8-0 advantage before Noble could settle into the contest.

The gulf in experience was evident as the 31-year-old Sindhu, who won the World Championship in 2019 in Basel, controlled the rallies and kept the 21-year-old Irishwoman from building any sustained momentum.

Noble eventually opened her account, but the early damage had already put the opening game firmly in Sindhu’s grasp, with the Indian closing it out 21-7.

Noble returned for the second game with greater composure and managed to stay within striking distance through the first half. She went into the interval only three points behind the Indian, offering signs that the contest could become more competitive.

Sindhu, however, quickly stamped her authority back on the game.

The Indian shifted gears after the interval, winning 10 of the next 13 points to pull decisively away and leave Noble with no route back into the contest. The 31-year-old Indian, who won silver in 2016 and bronze in the 2020 editions of the Olympic Games, completed a straightforward 21-11 second-game win to wrap up her 10th World Championships campaign with an assured opening performance.

For Noble, the match marked her first appearance at the World Championships. Sindhu, by contrast, arrived with five medals from the event already on her résumé and the experience of having been a world champion.

The Indian will now face a more demanding test in the Round of 32, where she will meet Canada’s World No. 49 Wen Yu Zhang.

Sindhu was one of three Indian winners on the opening day so far.

Earlier, top women’s doubles pair Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand also advanced in women’s doubles after defeating Spain’s Paula Lopez and Lucia Rodriguez 21-9, 21-13. The Indian pair will next face the 16th-seeded American combination of Lauren Lam and Allison Quynh Lee.

M. R. Arjun and Hariharan Amsakarunan also progressed in men’s doubles, although their opening-round match ended prematurely. The Indian duo was leading Ireland’s Scott Guildea and Paul Reynolds 21-16, 6-4 when the Irish pair withdrew with an injury. Their next challenge will come against the 15th-seeded Korean pair of Kang Min Hyuk and Ki Dong Ju.

Continue Reading

Sports

1st Test: Padikkal makes 167 as India reach 364/5 despite new ball strikes from Sri Lanka

Published

on

Devdutt Padikkal managed to make a magnificent 167 before Sri Lanka’s spinners struck with the second new ball to restrict India to 364/5 in 94 overs at tea on a rain-affected day two’s play of the first Test here at the Galle International Stadium on Sunday.

Resuming from 288/2 after a completely washed-out morning session and multiple rain delays, India added 76 runs in an extended 85-minute afternoon session, though they lost three wickets to Sri Lanka’s resurgence with the new ball, especially with the hosts being disciplined in their bowling effort.

Padikkal, who resumed on his overnight score of 131, continued his masterclass and showed no signs of slowing down. He flicked pacer Asitha Fernando over mid-on for four to reach his first-ever score of 150 in Tests. It made Padikkal only the third Indian batter after Rahul Dravid (2009) and Cheteshwar Pujara (2017) to score 150-plus at number three against Sri Lanka.

Rishabh Pant (39) looked to attack from the outset after taking the field alongside Padikkal, but fell to debutant off-spinner Keshara Nuwantha shortly after Sri Lanka opted for the second new ball. Pant was looking to attack every ball and on the fourth ball of the 81st over, he charged down the wicket, lost his shape, and sliced a high catch to wide mid-off to hand Nuwantha his maiden Test scalp.

KL Rahul, who returned to bat after retiring hurt on 77 on Saturday due to right forearm cramps, added five runs before Nuwantha extracted a sharp turn and bounce to have him caught at forward short leg by Nishan Madushka for 82.

Padikkal’s 230-ball marathon ended when left-arm spinner Prabath Jayasuriya foxed him with a flatter and wide ball while dancing down the pitch and was stumped by Niroshan Dickwella. Padikkal struck 15 boundaries and a six during his commanding knock, as he left the field to a standing ovation from both the crowd and his teammates.

Dhruv Jurel (19 not out) and Ravindra Jadeja (4 not out) safely negotiated the remaining overs till tea break arrived and ensured India remained in a commanding position, as they look to push for a score around 450.

Brief Scores: India 364/5 in 94 overs (Devdutt Padikkal 167, KL Rahul 82; Prabath Jayasuriya 2-91, Keshara Nuwantha 2-133) against Sri Lanka

Continue Reading

Trending