Maharashtra
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced that the situation remains peaceful and tense
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, while clarifying in a high-level meeting on the communal violence in Nagpur, said that the violence happened due to social media. The video of setting fire to Aurangzeb’s symbolic grave was shared on social media saying that Kalma Tayyaba’s chaadar was burnt, after which this video went viral on social media.
In the afternoon, the police had heard the complaint after hushing up the matter, but in the evening rumors were spread through social media and the situation worsened. He said that a report has been sought from Nagpur Police Commissioner Ravinder Singhal and senior officials on the Nagpur violence and the situation has been reviewed. Law and order is maintained.
He said that those who attacked the police will not be spared and strict action will be taken against them. He said that property loss and compensation will be recovered from the rioters who committed violence, otherwise their property will be confiscated. On the lines of UP, Devendra Fadnavis has now announced that the losses from the rioters will be compensated in Maharashtra as well. He said that so far many accused have been arrested, including four children.
So far 105 accused have been arrested. Curfew has also been relaxed. Addressing the press, Fadnavis said that social media accounts that disturb peace are being investigated. Many objectionable content has also been removed.
Fadnavis said that people were misled on social media and crowds were mobilized in it. Investigation of global conspiracy is also going on. So far investigation of controversial content on social media is going on. He said that there was never a riot in Nagpur since 1992, but this violence was spread.
Maharashtra
Mumbai South Cyber Cell’s major operation, fraud gang in the name of CO boss exposed, two accused arrested from Jharkhand and Bihar

Mumbai: The Mumbai South Mumbai Cyber Cell has claimed to have exposed a group of fraudsters in the name of Boss who used to contact acquaintances and receive money in the name of Boss, who fooled them by keeping fake voice of Boss and even DP on their mobiles. According to details, South Mumbai South Cyber Police Station (Crime Branch, Mumbai) has claimed to have arrested the accused from Bihar and Jharkhand in a cyber boss fraud case. In connection with the “CEO Boss Fraud” case, a SIM card provider and a Point of Sale (POS) agent and his post-handler associate were arrested from Bihar and Jharkhand. Investigation revealed their involvement in seven such cases. 161 SIM cards, mobile phones and other items were seized. On February 26, 2026, an unknown person contacted a 43-year-old complainant through WhatsApp, posing as a director of the company and got his trust. The fraudster induced the complainant to transfer a total of Rs. 48,60,511. On February 26, 2026, sections 338(3) and 319(2) of the Bharatiya Sanhta (BNS) Act. A case was registered under Sections 66(C) and 66(D).The police have successfully recovered the entire fraudulent amount of Rs.48,60,511. The SIM cards used to contact the complainant were illegally initiated by Aamir Chand Muhammad Khan, an Airtel POS agent based in Siwan, Bihar, by impersonating the company director and the documents and EKYC details of the residents of Bihar He activated hundreds of SIM cards by assigning new numbers to the names of users and another arrested accused, Suraj Pradeep Sao (alias Vishal) Suraj, transferred the transaction payment to Aamir’s Kairtel Payment Bank account through UPI. Based on the information provided and technical analysis, the accused Suraj Kumar Pradeep Kumar Sao who provided 8 SIM cards was arrested on 16 August 2026 from Kumardhobi (Talukacharganda), Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
These accused have committed a total of 7 such crimes. NCRP complaints reveal their involvement in two cases registered at South Division Cyber Police Station, Mumbai (Case Nos. 15/26 and 45/26) as well as one case each in Punjab, Gurugram (Haryana), New Delhi, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu. Items stolen from the arrested accused, 1) 161 Airtel SIM cards 2) Megaphone 3) A POCO mobile phone with ‘Airtel Meter’ app. is, which is used to activate SIM cards
Arrested accused 1) Aamir Chand Mohammad Khan, age 22, resident of Rukndipur, Siwan, Bihar – Airtel SIM distributor
2) Suraj Kumar Pardeep Kumar Sav alias Vishal, resident of Kumardhabi, Dhanbad, Jharkhand is under further investigation. Appeal to citizens
Mumbai Cyber Cell has appealed to citizens that if you receive a WhatsApp message from an unknown number displaying a picture of someone you know asking for money, always contact the person on their known, current number to verify the request. Contact 1930 immediately in case of cyber fraud. Do not allow others to use SIM cards or bank accounts registered in your name. Check how many SIM cards have been issued in your name through Sanchar Saathi portal. South Division Cyber Police Station (Crime Branch, Mumbai) has successfully arrested the SIM card supplier and handler in this case. This was informed here today by Cyber Cell DCP Bajrang Bansode. But don’t fall into the trap if someone asks for money transfer or help, confirm it with the original person.
Maharashtra
Mumbai Mayor Ritu Tawde cleared of spending Rs 25 lakh on media gimmick

Mumbai: Municipal Corporation will spend Rs 25 lakh for the social media promotion of the mayor. Now there are many reactions from political circles and there are discussions in this regard in political circles. Although the Mumbai Municipal Corporation already has its own public relations department and a central social media system, it is seen that a separate proposal of Rs 25 lakh has been proposed for the social media promotion of the mayor’s daily work and programs. This proposal has been presented before the standing committee for approval and it is being told that public representatives of the opposition parties have expressed strong displeasure over this proposal of the local administration. In this context, Mayor Ritu Tawde has now given an explanation. Ritu Tawde said that Runtime Solutions Private Limited was appointed through a tender process proposed 2 years ago to technically handle the official social media of the municipality, mybmc. The proposal to extend the term of this organization, which only provides technical manpower, for 1 year from August 2026 to July 2027 has already been approved by the Standing Committee.
The technical manpower required for the Mayor’s Office’s social media is being provided by this previously appointed organization, and I or my office have not appointed a separate organization for this promotional work or proposed to incur any additional expenditure. This expenditure is part of the integrated technical system of the entire municipality, please do not distort this fact.
Maharashtra
BJP’s new national executive an arrangement of convenience: Shiv Sena(UBT) in ‘Saamana’

Mumbai, Aug 19: The Shiv Sena Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray (UBT) on Wednesday launched a sharp attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), saying that its newly announced National Executive lacks brilliance and operational autonomy.
The Thackeray camp, in an editorial in the party’s mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, alleged that the long-delayed leadership structure functions primarily “to carry out the preferences of Narendra Modi and Amit Shah, while the party’s ‘real’ machinery relies on external levers of power”.
Highlighting the timeline of the organisational reshuffle, the editorial pointed out that the new lineup was declared seven months after Nitin Nabin assumed the role of National President. ”Finding individuals who will quietly steer the party’s carriage in the exact direction desired by PM Modi and HM Shah should not have taken seven months,” the editorial noted, questioning the operational necessity of the executive body altogether.
The Thackeray camp further highlighted political vulnerabilities in Bihar, pointing out that during the intervening period, Nabin vacated his Bankipur Assembly constituency. The BJP subsequently lost the seat in the by-election — a result the editorial attributed to the strategic presence of Prashant Kishor, claiming it exposed the ruling party’s electoral limitations when faced with formidable tacticians.
The editorial asserted that the BJP’s newly appointed team holds “no actual burden to win elections”, claiming that core election strategy and ground management have been effectively outsourced to state machinery, law enforcement agencies, financial resources, and Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs).
Referencing international discourse, the editorial cited comments by global figures such as US President Donald Trump, Tulsi Gabbard, and Elon Musk regarding EVM vulnerabilities and the reliance on paper ballots in American elections.
The editorial contrasted this with India, criticising the Election Commission and the Supreme Court for repeatedly declining demands to revert to paper ballots.
Among the key organisational appointments, the Thackeray camp levelled strong ethical objections against naming Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal as the BJP’s National Treasurer. The editorial argued that placing a cabinet minister in charge of party funds for India’s wealthiest political entity creates an inherent conflict of interest, where state authority over trade policies and licensing could intersect with political fundraising.
Pointing to the BJP’s reported treasury reserves exceeding Rs 7,000 crore and its extensive network of nationwide offices, it asserted that Goyal should have resigned from his government post before taking up the organisational role.
The editorial detailed several prominent shifts in the new lineup. Ram Madhav was reassigned to a prominent role within the National Executive following an absence linked to previous allegations regarding Jammu & Kashmir tenders made by former Governor Satya Pal Malik. Amit Malviya has been removed from the National IT Cell. Deepak Mhashe has been brought in as his replacement. Smriti Irani returns to party organisational responsibilities. Vasundhara Raje Scindia and senior Maharashtra leader Vinod Tawde retain their positions as General Secretaries, the editorial added.
The inclusion of Bharati Pawar from Maharashtra comes as a surprise to state party ranks, it said.
Meanwhile, Tariq Mansoor stands as the sole Muslim face accommodated in the new National Executive, added the editorial.
Dismissing the reshuffle as an “arrangement of convenience”, the Uddhav Thackeray-led Shiv Sena remarked that while formal organisational titles have been distributed, the primary levers controlling the BJP’s electoral apparatus remain strictly centralised.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
