Maharashtra
Ahead Of Maharashtra Elections, CM Eknath Shinde Appoints Shiv Sena Colleagues On Key Positions
Mumbai: In a bid to quell potential dissent in the ruling Shiv Sena ahead of assembly polls, the Eknath Shinde-led government on Monday appointed former MP Anandrao Adsul and party MLA Sanjay Shirsat on key bodies.
Shirsat has been appointed the chairman of the City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO), one of the richest state government undertakings.
Shirsat is one of the Shiv Sena MLAs who was vocal about his disappointment over not getting a cabinet position in the past.
According to an order issued by the Urban Development Department, headed by Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, the Cidco chairman’s post is equivalent to cabinet rank.
Siddhesh Kadam, son of Sena leader Ramdas Kadam, was made the chairman of the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board.
Shinde also appointed his party colleague and former MP Anandrao Adsul as the chairman of the Maharashtra State Scheduled Caste and Tribes Commission.
A government order issued on Monday stated that the tenure of the appointment would be for the next one-and-a-half years or till the next government order is out.
Adsul had earlier claimed that he had been promised to be made governor of a state, but Sena did not follow through.
Dharmpal Meshram, vice president of the state BJP and its spokesperson, has been appointed deputy chairperson of the State Scheduled Caste and Tribes Commission for a three-year term.
The state government recently granted cabinet rank to the chairman of Balasaheb Thackeray Turmeric Research and Training Centre (BTTRTC) in Vasmat tehsil of Hingoli district.
Established in 2022, the BTTRTC was initially headed by former MP Hemant Patil.
The state government Monday elevated the post of Hemant Patil to the rank of a cabinet minister.
Political observers stated that Shinde is trying to pacify his colleagues disappointed over various reasons.
Maharashtra
Mumbai’s Garib Nagar Demolition Update: Nearly 85% Of Work Completed In Bandra, Western Railway Says Dealing Matter With ‘Humanitarian Aspect’

Mumbai: As the demolition drive at Garib Nagar in Mumbai’s Bandra is underway, the Western Railway has said that till now, 85 per cent work has been completed, adding that the operation is being handled sensitively with a “humanitarian aspect.”
While speaking to Media, Western Railway CPRO, Vineet Abhishek, said, “The demolition work has been going on continuously… By yesterday evening, we had completed about 60% of the demolition work, and as of today, nearly 85% of the demolition has been completed.”
He also added that authorities are handling the operation carefully as it involves a sensitive human angle. Officials are ensuring safety protocols are followed during the use of heavy machinery and are trying to help anyone facing difficulties.
“The case is very sensitive. Human angle is involved. We are maintaining the aspect of tolerance and ensuring that no one is harmed. As heavy machinery is running, we are following all safety protocols.”
He further added that more than 2,000 water bottles and packed meals have been distributed to people at the site.
Abhishek reiterated that based on the High Court’s order, the demolition work is being carried out. He said, “The order of the High Court is very clear and strict that, except for the 100 identified structures, all other structures are illegal and must be demolished. We are doing exactly that.”
Abhishek also spoke on the stone-pelting issue and demonstration issue that occurred at the site and said, “There was a brief issue that lasted for 10–15 minutes, but we all saw how our team handled it very professionally. Within those 10–15 minutes, the entire situation was resolved and brought under control…”
Meanwhile, yesterday, officials said that nearly 100 eligible slum families living on Western Railway land are likely to be rehabilitated within the next four months. The assurance comes after Western Railway recently wrote to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), seeking action on the rehabilitation proposal.
The development brought partial relief to residents who have been living under fear and uncertainty since the anti-encroachment drive began near Bandra station. Around 500 hutments exist in the settlement, but railway authorities have identified only about 100 families as eligible for rehabilitation.
Crime
Mumbai Man Among 9 Arrested In ₹225 Crore Crypto Racket Linked To Terror Funding Probe

Mumbai: In the ₹225 crore cryptocurrency racket allegedly linked to terror funding, the dark web, and narcotics trafficking unearthed in Gujarat, nine persons have been arrested, including Zeeshan Motiwala from Mumbai.
According to the cybercrime police, six accused, including Motiwala, allegedly entered into a criminal conspiracy and carried out multiple cryptocurrency transactions. Investigators claimed that Motiwala’s Binance wallet was linked to 57 bank accounts, with transactions amounting to USD 2,355,393.
The agency alleged that the accused converted “dirty” cryptocurrency into USDT and routed the funds through various channels to allegedly reach terrorist organisations.
During the probe, officials traced transactions worth Rs226.54 crore through seized crypto wallets and are now attempting to identify additional wallets and cryptocurrency networks linked to the group.
Investigators said the funds, suspected to be connected to terrorist activities, drug trafficking, smuggling, cybercrime, and other illegal operations, were internally transferred between wallets operated by the accused.
The agency further claimed that some wallets were linked to financial transaction chains associated with Hamas and the Dubai Company for Exchange, entities designated by Israel as terror-linked organisations.
Officials also stated that analysis of the Binance wallets revealed links to Abacus Market, a dark web marketplace allegedly used for criminal activities. The accused are also suspected to have used Monero wallets to conceal fund trails.
Officials found that the wallets were connected to several bank accounts allegedly used to receive proceeds from cyber frauds. According to the agency, at least 935 complaints of cheating and fraud have been linked to these accounts.
Crime
ED Gets Custody Of Self-Styled Godman Ashok Kharat Till May 26 In Proxy Account Case

Mumbai: Self-styled godman Ashok Kharat was on Wednesday remanded to Enforcement Directorate (ED) custody till May 26 after the agency told the court it needed to probe cash flow through proxy accounts, his foreign trips, luxury cars and properties.
Kharat was produced before the special court a day after his arrest. ED prosecutor Arvind Aghav sought 10 days’ custody, claiming the agency was investigating 60 proxy accounts allegedly opened at the Rahata branch of Samata Nagari Cooperative Credit Society in the names of several people without their knowledge.
The ED told the court that transactions worth ₹47.74 crore were conducted through the 60 accounts linked to 48 special savings accounts. These included cash credits of ₹21.26 crore and cash debits of ₹23.87 crore. According to the agency, all transactions were kept below ₹2 lakh to bypass Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
The agency alleged that cash was deposited and withdrawn by Kharat and his associate Arvind Bawake using pre-signed withdrawal slips obtained from account holders.
Asked by the court to explain his position, Kharat said, “I had cash that I wanted to deposit in a nationalised bank. However, the bank management approached me with a higher interest rate of 9%. Hence, I accepted their proposal.” He also claimed he was unaware of how so many accounts had been opened in his name.
The ED also referred to the statement of Omprakash Koyate alias Kaka Koyate, chairman of Samata Sahakari Patsanstha, recorded on May 7. According to the agency, Koyate admitted that cash deposits were converted into fixed deposits and later withdrawn.
-
Crime4 years agoClass 10 student jumps to death in Jaipur
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai Local Train Update: Central Railway’s New Timetable Comes Into Effect; Check Full List Of Revised Timings & Stations
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMumbai To Go Toll-Free Tonight! Maharashtra Govt Announces Complete Toll Waiver For Light Motor Vehicles At All 5 Entry Points Of City
-
Maharashtra2 years agoFalse photo of Imtiaz Jaleel’s rally, exposing the fooling conspiracy
-
National News2 years agoMinistry of Railways rolls out Special Drive 4.0 with focus on digitisation, cleanliness, inclusiveness and grievance redressal
-
Maharashtra2 years agoMaharashtra Elections 2024: Mumbai Metro & BEST Services Extended Till Midnight On Voting Day
-
National News2 years agoJ&K: 4 Jawans Killed, 28 Injured After Bus Carrying BSF Personnel For Poll Duty Falls Into Gorge In Budgam; Terrifying Visuals Surface
-
Crime2 years agoBaba Siddique Murder: Mumbai Police Unable To Get Lawrence Bishnoi Custody Due To Home Ministry Order, Says Report
