Connect with us


UP woman ends life by consuming poison; family alleges murder




A 22-year-old woman in Uttar Pradesh allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison after her boyfriend refused to marry her.

The woman’s family, however, alleged that she was murdered.

Police said that the woman went to her boyfriend’s house to convince him for their marriage, but when he turned down her proposal, she consumed poison outside his house.

The incident took place on Sunday night and the woman was immediately rushed to the Community Health Centre in Tanda where she succumbed to her injuries later.

Rampur Superintendent of Police, Shogun Gautam, said: “The woman had consumed poison after her alleged lover refused to marry her.”

He said, “The woman’s family has alleged that she was given poison and murdered. After a complaint, an FIR has been registered against two accused persons under section 302 (punishment for murder) of IPC.”

Significantly, the woman had accused her boyfriend of raping her on promise of marriage last year.

She had also lodged a complaint with Rampur police that her lover’s elder brother had sexually assaulted her when she had gone to meet her boyfriend.

An FIR for rape was registered against both the accused persons in June 2020.

The woman’s family has alleged that Rampur police, influenced by the political background of the accused, had said that no evidence of rape was found and a final report was filed in the case in September last year.

The family had challenged the final report in district court and a hearing in the matter is due next month.

The woman’s father alleged, “The accused had been sexually assaulting my daughter on promise of marriage while his elder brother had also raped her. After this, an FIR was registered under various IPC sections, including rape. Since the matter is in court and the accused feared they may land up in jail, they played a trick with my daughter. They called her saying that the younger brother will marry her once she compromises in the case. She was murdered.”

Police, meanwhile, maintained that no evidence of rape was found in the case.

“The woman’s family initially said that she killed herself. They later changed their statement and said she was given poison and killed by her boyfriend,” the SP (City) said.

He added, “Now, we have registered FIR under IPC section 302. Three teams have been formed. The accused will soon be arrested. The woman’s body has been sent for post mortem.”


‘Missing’ former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh trending on Twitter




Anil Deshmukh

ED (Enforcement Directorate) sources said that they do not know where he is after former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh did not appear in connection with the money laundering probe. . On the other hand, today the hearing in the Deshmukh case is to be held in the Supreme Court. ED hopes that the Supreme Court will deliver an important verdict today. Meanwhile, Deshmukh is trending on Twitter. Actually, Deshmukh did not appear before the ED again on Monday. Deshmukh, through his advocate Inderpal Singh, sent a two-page letter to the ED saying that he was sending his representative. The ED had earlier called Deshmukh thrice for questioning in the money laundering case, but he did not appear.

ED sources say, “We are unable to contact him (Deshmukh). We don’t know where he is. Their location is not known. We are waiting for the Supreme Court’s order today. We hope that after today’s order, he will cooperate in the investigation. The ED on Friday issued fresh summons to NCP leader Anil Deshmukh and his son Hrishikesh Deshmukh to appear before the probe agency’s office in south Mumbai, but they did not appear. Sources had earlier said that the ED had summoned Anil Deshmukh under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) as the agency wanted to record his statement in the case. The Supreme Court on Friday said it will hear on August 3 the plea of ​​Anil Deshmukh in the money laundering case registered by the ED. Anil Deshmukh had said in last month that he would appear before the ED to record his statement only after the Supreme Court’s decision on his plea. Deshmukh had sought protection from punitive action in the money laundering case.

Following the Bombay High Court’s order, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) launched a preliminary inquiry in the case, following which the ED registered a case against Deshmukh and others. The court had asked the CBI to probe the bribery allegations leveled against Anil Deshmukh by former Mumbai Police Commissioner Parambir Singh. Deshmukh, who resigned as Home Minister in April, had denied all allegations. On July 18, the ED had also raided Deshmukh’s house in Nagpur and some other places. A few weeks ago, the ED, taking a major action, also attached immovable properties worth 4.20 crores of Anil Deshmukh and his family.

In April, the CBI had registered a corruption FIR against Anil Deshmukh. About a month later, the ED registered a case under money laundering. The special thing in it is that the ED made the CBI FIR the basis for registering the case. The digital evidences submitted by the CBI against Anil Deshmukh, the ED itself investigated those evidences. Later, Deshmukh’s personal assistants were also arrested. Not only this, the sacked Inspector Sachin Wajhe, who was in jail, also went to jail and took the statement twice.

Continue Reading


19-year-old engineering student drowns in waterfall in Karnataka




In a tragic incident, a 19-year-old engineering student was swept away in a waterfall at Karkala in Karnataka’s Udupi district, the police said on Tuesday.

According to the police, the deceased has been identified as Varshita, who was studying in an engineering college at Manipal in Udupi. She was a resident of Mangaluru.

The police said the ‘Nitte Arbi Falls’, also known as ‘Parapaddy Falls’, is a tourist destination that attracts many visitors during the monsoon season.

“Though Varshita knew how to swim, she was swept away by the strong current in the waterfall, leading to her tragic death on Monday. She had gone along with her friends, and as she knew swimming, she took a plunge into the water but she could not withstand the speed of the strong current,” the police said, quoting her friends.

The girl’s body was recovered after a nearly five-hour long search operation carried out by the fire department officials and fishermen from the area.

Nitte Arbi Falls is located nearly 400 km from Bengaluru. Owing to its scenic beauty, roaring and unending flow of water, Arbi Falls has become a famous tourist destination in Karkala.

The police have registered a case and investigation is underway.

Continue Reading


2 minors tied to pole, thrashed in Bihar’s West Champaran




Two minor children were allegedly tied to an electric pole and beaten up in Bihar’s West Champaran district on Tuesday, police said.

The two were accused of stealing Rs 200.

The police officials came to know about the incident after a video of the incident went viral on social media.

Pranav Kumar, the SHO of Sisiria police station said: “We have taken cognizance of this incident and are taking action against the alleged persons visible in the video. One of the accused is the victim’s cousin.”

“We have identified some of the alleged persons, namely Shivnath Yadav, Madhav Yadav, etc,” the SHO said.

According to the police, the incident occurred in the Bhagarwa village where two children, aged between 12 and 15 years were tied to an electric pole. People surrounding them shaved their heads and beat them with sticks. The victims were pleading for mercy but no one listened to them.

The victims have been identified as the children of migrant labourers and had come from other states.

Continue Reading