With his gloves on and maintaining safe distance from his audience, singer Guru Randhawa hit the stage after almost three months.
Live shows had been called off during the lockdown, which started in March, to battle the COVID-19 pandemic. And now as things are gradually returning to normal, Guru performed at a private show here.
“I performed after almost three months and it was a good experience. Though the audience was limited, they were very entertaining. We sang songs that we usually sing for our shows and earned as well,” Guru told IANS.
“In terms of precautions, my team and I tried our best to follow them. I was wearing gloves and my team was wearing masks and gloves. As per all social distancing measures, we tried our best to be safe and keep minimal contact,” he added.
He was also accompanied by less staff members. “It was just my manger and the band,” he said.
He thinks it’s safe to do such shows now.
“But times are such that one needs to take maximum safety measures. With avenues opening up and following all government social distancing guidelines, we should be able to do private live shows,” said the “Suit suit” hitmaker.
Virtual gigs had become a trend during the lockdown, but he said that once things get better, the usual live shows would be on.
Asked if he is going to do more private shows in the near future, Guru said: “If you talk about Indian artistes and their earnings, it majorly depends on live shows. So I have started doing live shows and I hope other artistes who are getting an opportunity, should also do it because that’s the way forward.”
“With all the precautions, we were able to do it this time and hopefully, will try the same in future gigs,” he added.
During the lockdown, he might have stopped performing but he continued to give fresh music to his fans. He had released “Mueve La Cintura”, which is his first Spanish song with the international star Pitbull. The Punjabi pop sensation had also unveiled “Satnam Waheguru, a Soulful Meditation”.
ED grills Rhea’s brother; both to be quizzed again on Monday
Continuing its probe in the Sushant Singh Rajput case, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has grilled Showik Chakraborty, brother of actress Rhea Chakraborty, for the second time in connection with their financial transactions.
Showik, who went to the ED office around noon on Saturday, was seen leaving after more than 18 hours around 7 am on Sunday.
According to officials, he has reportedly given “evasive or unconvincing replies” to the ED team quizzing him and is likely to be summoned again on Monday.
Besides, Rhea Chakraborty will also be summoned by the ED for another round of questioning on Monday. She had first been questioned for over eight hours on Friday.
Among other things, the ED is investigating the money-laundering angle in the Sushant case after the late actor’s father Krishna Kishore Singh lodged a complaint with Patna Police to question certain financial matters pertaining to his son.
On June 14, Sushant’s body was found hanging at his Bandra flat in what was termed a suicide, sparking a huge uproar in Bollywood and political circles.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt hospitalised, tweets to say he is ‘doing well’
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt was hospitalised on Saturday evening after he complained of breathlessness and uneasiness in the chest.
The medical team attending to the actor at Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital has informed that Dutt has tested Covid negative after a rapid antigen test, although he continues to be kept under observation in the intensive care unit (ICU). His condition is said to be stable.
“Just wanted to assure everyone that I’m doing well. I’m currently under medical observation & my COVID-19 report is negative. With the help & care of the doctors, nurses & staff at Lilavati hospital, I should be home in a day or two. Thank you for your well wishes & blessings,” the actor tweeted with an emoji of folded hands, on his official Twitter account, @duttsanjay.
Dutt, who turned 61 on July 29, suffered from low oxygen saturation levels according to a report in indianexpress.com. On arrival at the hospital, he underwent a rapid antigen Covid-19 test and the result was negative. However, the hospital authorities have also collected a swab of the actor for an RT-PCR test.
The actor returns to the screen in Mahesh Bhatt’s “Sadak 2”. The sequel to the 1991 hit, “Sadak”, reunites Dutt with Pooja Bhatt, and also casts Alia Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapur in pivotal roles. The film is slated to release digitally on August 28.
Will abide by what SC rules on Sushant probe, says Maharashtra government
Though the Maharashtra government opposes a CBI probe in the Sushant Singh Rajput case, it will abide by the Supreme Court’s decision in the matter, state Home Minister Anil Deshmukh said on Saturday.
In a significant statement, Deshmukh told media persons that the state will follow the ruling of the apex court vis-a-vis the probe into the case, but opposes a CBI investigation on grounds of jurisdiction.
“The Mumbai Police are probing the case very thoroughly and professionally. However, we shall go by what the Supreme Court says at the hearing on August 11,” he said.
In the past week, Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh briefed Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, while investigating team members met officials of the Law and Judiciary Department.
The latest stand is different from the Maharashtra government’s earlier stated position that there was no need to hand over the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as the Mumbai Police are doing a competent job and probing it from all possible angles.
The CBI has registered an FIR based on the case lodged by Patna police on the complaint of Sushant’s father, K.K. Singh.
Last week, the Mumbai Police had cold-shouldered the Patna police team which was camping in Mumbai for several days for probing the Sushant case.
On Friday, irate over his 6-day long quarantine ordered by the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) as he reached Mumbai to help the state police team, Patna’s SP, City, Vinay Tiwari hit out at the Maharashtra government after he was released.
“I was not quarantined, but the Sushant probe was quarantined,” he said, before flying back to Bihar as per Covid-19 protocols as directed by the BMC.
UP woman commits suicide after allegedly being beaten up by police
BJP MP Anil Agarwal urges Modi to table Population Control Bill in Parliament
Sushant case: Shiv Sena slams BJP for ‘maligning’ Thackerays
7 die in Andhra Pradesh Covid care centre fire
Unique police cafe opens in Muzaffarnagar
Allow Bakri-Eid with restrictions: Maharashtra Congress to CM
Goat ‘arrested’ for not wearing mask in Uttar Pradesh
‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ actor Sameer Sharma commits suicide
SRK’s bungalow Mannat covered with plastic due to monsoon, pic goes viral
Riddhima Kapoor denies rumour of Neetu, Ranbir test corona positive
Watch Video: Mentally Retarded Man Illegally Walks On Mumbai Airport’s Runway, Stopped Flight, CISF Arrested
Viral Video: Zomato Lady Abuses Traffic Police, FIR Filed In Vashi Police Station
Viral Video: Zomato Food Delivery Woman Abuses Traffic Police’s Towing Van Driver For This Reason!
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Teaser Review: Karan Deol And Sahher Bambba Chemistry Sparks
Mumbai Rains Update: Four Injured In Goregaon East Landslide, 400 People Evacuated From Kranti Nagar
Fashion2 years ago
Best Bridal Makeup Artists In Mumbai – 2018
General1 year ago
High Court Allowed Herbal flavour Hookah In Maharashtra
Crime2 years ago
SEBI Confirmed Heera Gold In Ponzi Scheme, ED, SFIO And EOW Probing The Case
Crime2 years ago
Watch Video: Heera Group Supporter Threatening Victims
Bollywood2 years ago
Aamir Khan says When I sign a film, I first look at the story
Business2 years ago
OPPO’s First Research and Development centre to open in Hyderabad
Crime1 year ago
Hindu Sena Wrote Letter To Modi Government To Ban Quran, Says It’s A Threat To National Security
Bollywood2 years ago
Rishi Kapoor calls British Airways As ‘racist’