Controversial suspended police officer Sachin Vaze was apparently a privileged and blue-eyed boy of then Mumbai Police chief Param Bir Singh, as per a report submitted by present Commissioner of Police Hemant Nagrale to the Maharashtra Home Department on the circumstances leading to his reinstatement.
It details Assistant Police Inspector (API) Vaze’s nine-month long tenure in the elite Crime Intelligence Unit (CIU) of Mumbai Police’s Crime Branch and categorically says he was reinstated by Singh in June 2020, after a decision of the Police Establishment Board, despite opposition from top police officers then.
Two Police Inspectors – Sudhakar Deshmukh and Vinay Ghorpade – were transferred to Units 01 and 10, ostensibly to make way for Vaze, who was of a lower API rank, but was posted as in charge of the CIU.
“As per the information given on telephone, the then Jt CP (Crime) had strongly opposed for posting of Sachin Vaze. But at the insistence of the then CoP (Singh), the then Jt CP (Crime) unwillingly issued the office order for posting of Vaze at CIU,” says the damning report.
Earlier, after his suspension period ended on June 5, 2020, Vaze was reinstated and posted in a non-executive post in the armed police force on June 8, 2020, but barely a couple of days later, he landed the plum appointment at the CIU.
In March, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested Vaze for his alleged role in the planting of a SUV with 20 gelatin sticks and a threat note near the home of industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s on February 25, followed by the mystery death of Thane businessman Mansukh Hiran on March 5.
After these cases erupted, Singh was shunted out and posted as the Commandant General, Home Guards, following which he shot off a “letter-bomb” targeting then Home Minister Anil Deshmukh, who quit after the Bombay High Court ordered a preliminary probe by the CBI into Singh’s allegations.
41 people dead in shipwreck off Tunisia: UN
A shipwreck off the coast of southeast Tunisia killed at least 41 people, the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said in a joint statement.
The UN agencies said in the statement issued on Friday that three survivors have been rescued and the search effort was still underway, reports Xinhua news agency.
Based on initial information, the UN agencies said that all those who died were from Sub-Saharan Africa.
“This tragic loss of life underscores once again the need to enhance and expand state-led search and rescue operations across the Central Mediterranean, where some 290 people have lost their lives so far this year,” said the statement.
18 people killed in Nigeria Boko Haram attack
Eighteen people were killed and 21 others injured when members of the Boko Haram terror group attacked Nigeria’s northeastern town of Damasak earlier this week, wreaking havoc in the area, a top official said.
Babagana Umara Zulum, governor of the restive state of Borno, told reporters on Friday during he confirmed the toll from Tuesday’s attack during a visit to Damasak, reports Xinhua news agency.
“The UN humanitarian hub, private residential houses, a police station, a primary healthcare centre were among properties destroyed,” said Zulum.
He said he visited Damasak to fully assess the extent of damage and interact well with security officials involved in the counter-insurgency operations in the town, adding measures were put in place to forestall future attacks.
Boko Haram has been trying to establish an Islamist state in northeastern Nigeria since 2009.
The terror group has also extended its attacks to other countries in the Lake Chad Basin.
Rescue ops to locate missing fishermen on, 3 bodies recovered
The Indian Navy recovered the bodies of three missing fishermen from the sea off the coast of Mangaluru in Karnataka on Friday.
The Navy will resume its search and rescue operation on Saturday to find the remaining six missing fishermen.
“Indian Naval Ship Nireekshak recovers three bodies of missing fishermen from the IFB ‘Rabah’ ship, to enter Mangalore port on Friday midnight to hand over the bodies,” the Indian Navy stated.
The Navy has deployed its surface and air assets for the Search and Rescue (SAR) operation launched for the missing fishermen in the sea off the coast of Mangaluru.
“It was reported that an Indian fishing boat, IFB Rabah, with 14 fishermen had suffered a collision with a Singapore flag merchant ship, MV APL Le Havre, 40 nautical miles west of Mangaluru at about 2 am on April 13,” the Navy said.
The boat IFB Rabah had set off from Beypore in Kozhikode district in Kerala on Sunday evening.
The India Coast Guard (ICG) confirmed the rescue of two crew members after an operation that began on Tuesday. After Wednesday, the Indian Navy was roped in for the search and rescue operation.
Indian Naval ships along with naval aircraft from Goa have been deployed in the area to augment the search and rescue efforts of the Coast Guard vessels.
While two rescued fishermen have been shifted to safety ashore, six bodies have been recovered thus far. The search is on for the remaining six fishermen.
To assist in the rescue efforts, INS Subhadra, a patrol vessel, was sailed from Karwar along with a diving team.
The ship arrived on the scene in the early hours of April 14.
Lalu Prasad to remain in AIIMS Delhi for treatment
Covid surge: Hazrat Nizamuddin dargah closed till April 30
Barcelona president ‘convinced’ Lionel Messi will remain at Camp Nou
Buoyant RCB take on KKR
Actress Katrina Kaif tests negative for Covid
‘Azaan’ sound off: IG bans loudspeakers from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Ajay Devgn not the man in viral Delhi brawl video: Actor’s team
Covid effect: Maharashtra promotes all students in Class I-VIII without exams
Pakistani agencies desperate to stop key D-company financier’s extradition to US
Salman Khan gets first jab of Covid vaccine
Mumbai Mayor hits the streets, orders people to wear masks
Watch Video: Mentally Retarded Man Illegally Walks On Mumbai Airport’s Runway, Stopped Flight, CISF Arrested
Viral Video: Zomato Lady Abuses Traffic Police, FIR Filed In Vashi Police Station
Viral Video: Zomato Food Delivery Woman Abuses Traffic Police’s Towing Van Driver For This Reason!
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Teaser Review: Karan Deol And Sahher Bambba Chemistry Sparks
Fashion3 years ago
Best Bridal Makeup Artists In Mumbai – 2018
General2 years ago
High Court Allowed Herbal flavour Hookah In Maharashtra
Crime2 years ago
Watch Video: Heera Group Supporter Threatening Victims
Crime3 years ago
SEBI Confirmed Heera Gold In Ponzi Scheme, ED, SFIO And EOW Probing The Case
Bollywood2 years ago
Aamir Khan says When I sign a film, I first look at the story
Business3 years ago
OPPO’s First Research and Development centre to open in Hyderabad
Crime2 years ago
Hindu Sena Wrote Letter To Modi Government To Ban Quran, Says It’s A Threat To National Security
Bollywood3 years ago
Rishi Kapoor calls British Airways As ‘racist’