Connect with us
Sunday,28-November-2021

National News

Rajnath Singh flags off 5 ambulances donated to Army

Published

on

Rajnath-Singh

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday flagged off five critical care ambulances donated to Chinar Corps in Jammu and Kashmir.

Chinar Coprs is the Army’s strategic unit that guards the Line of Control (LoC) in J&K.

Singh flagged off the ambulances donated by a Pune based NGO — Borderless World Foundation — from his official residence here. Rajya Sabha member Dr Vinay Sahasrabuddhe and former BJP national vice president Shyam Jaju, party leader Rajiv Kohli and social workers of the NGO were also present on the occasion.

“All ambulances go to five different locations in two districts of Kashmir that are Kupwara and Baramulla Districts. These ambulances will serve the people in Gurez, Machil, Keran, Tangdhar and Uri sectors,” Virender Sachdeva, program coordinator of the flagging off ceremony, said.

Sahasrabuddhe said, “All ambulances go to the above five sectors which are on the Line of Control. All ambulances will be managed by the Indian Army.”

These ambulances will be used for ensuring critical care needs of the security personnel and for local population as per need in the five sectors.

“These ambulances will help the Indian Army in saving precious lives in the area close to LoC by providing timely critical trauma care. Many lives are lost due to delayed medical intervention, which generally are lost due to the lack of timely medical attention,” Adhik Kadam, founding chairman Borderless World Foundation, said.

Maharashtra

Conspiracy to frame me in Anil Deshmukh-style: Nawab Malik

Published

on

By

Maharashtra Minorities Affairs Minister Nawab Malik on Saturday made a startling claim that a conspiracy is underway to frame him in an ‘Anil Deshmukh-style fake case’, allegedly at the “behest” of some officials in central agencies – but did not identify them.

Talking to mediapersons, Malik claimed that he has acquired some e-mails and WhatsApp chats of officers of Central probe agencies “instigating” people to lodge false complaints against him.

“I have all the evidence with full details of the conspirators… I am going to lodge a complaint with Mumbai Police Commissioner and also Union Home Minister Amit Shah for a thorough probe and necessary action,” Malik asserted.

The Minister — who has launched a crusade against Nartcotics Control Bureau Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede – said that he has acquired solid evidence that “a plot is being hatched to trap him in a false case like that of former home minister Anil Deshmukh, currently in judicial custody.”

Malik added that for the past couple of months after he started his serial expose on Wankhede and the ‘farzi’ (fraudulent) rave party raid on the Cordelia Cruise on October 2, he and his family are being “shadowed” by some suspicious unknown persons.

“They are making enquiries about my family, my grandchildren, my own movements, clicking pictures of my home and offices… Last week, when I traveled abroad (Dubai), they had come again, but were given a hot chase by some people in my locality as they took unauthorised photos of my home,” Malik said.

Some youngsters on motorcycles pursued the duo in the car and intercepted them near the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, and questioned them.

“They claimed that they sped off in their car as they panicked and feared a beating from the youngsters… Subsequently, after we posted their photos on social media, people voluntarily came forward with details and information on the duo and their car, how one of them has been continuously stalking me and other things. Now, I shall lodge a police complaint against them,” Malik said.

The senior Nationalist Congress Party national spokesperson reiterated that he would not be cowed down by any Central agency’s officers “attempting to entrap him in a sham matter”, and vowed to continue his ongoing campaign on various fronts.

Against the backdrop of his startling revelations in the past couple of months, the state government had recently enhanced the security cover for Malik.

Continue Reading

National News

AAP leader Sanjay Singh accuses Yogi govt of caste bias

Published

on

By

 Aam Aadmi Party leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh on Saturday trained his guns on the Yogi Adityanath government for not talking to the family of the Prayagraj victims and charged it with caste bias.

On the Prayagraj incident, Singh, in an audio message, said: “Whatever happened in Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj on November 24 is more gruesome than the Hathras incident. It is a matter of shame that Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has not spoken to the bereaved family yet, which shows that the Uttar Pradesh government practices caste discrimination and supports it.”

Four members of a Scheduled Caste family — a man (50), his wife (45), their daughter (16) and speech impaired son (10) — were found murdered at their home on November 25.

According to members of the extended family, the girl may have been raped before her death. They have accused a neighbouring “upper caste” family of the crime.

“This heinous crime took place at a time when BJP was celebrating Constitution Day across the nation. If the party had upheld the values of the Constitution seriously, then the last person from the most deprived section of the society would not have had to face such a difficult time,” the AAP leader said.

“I met their extended family. Brother of the deceased serves in the Army. He is serving the nation. Even his wife said that she feels unsafe there. All this is possible because of police’s recklessness and goondaraj in Yogi Adityanath’s regime,” Singh stated, adding, “The same family was being troubled by their neighbours since 2019. They filed an FIR but police did not help them.”

“In 2020, again they went to the police for help but no action was taken against the perpetrators and on November 24, they were killed in such a gruesome manner. After a commotion, police have registered an FIR with charges including gang rape and murder against 11 named persons, eight of whom have been arrested so far,” he said.

According to the police, a sharp weapon may have been used to attack the family as there were grievous injuries on their bodies.

The girl’s body was found in a room inside the house, while the other three bodies were found together in the courtyard.

“Some people have been taken into custody for questioning,” the Prayagraj police chief told the media.

Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra met the victims’ family members on Friday.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Maha back to pre-pandemic days as all lockdown restrictions go

Published

on

By

In a significant decision, the Maharashtra government on Saturday lifted all lockdown restrictions with conditions, allowing economic, social, cultural, sports and entertainment activities as before the pandemic days, with major emphasis on full vaccination, an official statement said here.

As part of the easing, strict Covid appropriate behaviour will remain mandatory as per the rules, said Chief Secretary Sitaram Kunte in his 5-page order.

The government has decreed that all public transport will be permitted only for the fully-vaxxed as also for entry to malls, shops, establishments, ticketed or non-tickets events, programmes, shows, public gatherings, where all the organisers shall also be fully vaccinated.

All fliers to Maharashtra from any international destination shall be governed by the Central government rules but all domestic passengers must either be fully vaccinated or carry an RT-PCR test report with 72 hours’ validity.

Continue Reading

Trending