Connect with us


Noida woman commits suicide along with 4-year-old child




In yet another case of suicide in Delhi’s National Capital Region (NCR), a woman committed suicide along with her four-year-old child on Saturday in Noida by jumping from her 17th floor apartment. Both died on the spot.

The woman was alone in the house with her child when she took the extreme step while her husband was away for work in Moradabad. The Noida police has informed the family of the deceased and sent the bodies for post-mortem.

The police said, ” As per the information received by the Bisrakh police station, a mother along with her four-year-old child committed suicide by jumping off from her 17th floor Supertech Ecovillage-Phase 1 society apartment. Both are confirmed to be dead. The police officials are present at the spot and necessary inquiries are on.”

Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Noida, Ankur Aggarwal told IANS, “The deceased woman was alone at her Noida apartment when she took her as well as her only child’s life while her sister-in-law had gone to a hospital in the morning. The woman’s husband had gone to Moradabad for some work. At present, the case appears prima-facie to be that of suicide. The family of the deceased has been informed and the woman’s husband is on his way back.”

“The reason behind the twin suicides will be revealed only after a further police probe. The bodies of the deceased mother-child have been sent for postmortem,” Aggarwal added.


Goa: Two senior citizens found murdered in a storeroom




Two persons, both senior citizens were found dead, believed to be murdered, in South Goa’s Fatorda area, police said on Monday.

The bodies of the deceased Minguel Miranda (65) and his mother in-law Caterina Pinto (85) were found in a storeroom of their house, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police Paramadiyta told reporters. The official said that three labourers working at a site nearby were missing, but said that the motive of the crime was still unclear.

“We can’t say right now, whether the motive was robbery or a personal issue. We are investigating all angles. Three labourers (from the area) are missing. They may have had a role or someone else may have had a role,” the official said.

Paramaditya also said that both bodies bear marks of blunt and stab injuries.

“Post-mortem report will make it clear what kind of weapon was used,” he said.

Continue Reading


Double murder in Agra leads to panic




A mother and her daughter were brutally murdered in their house by a young man of the same village.

The incident took place on the intervening night of Sunday/Monday in Jarar under Bah police circle area of Agra and the incident has led to panic in the area.

Sharada Devi, 50, was sleeping in her room with daughter Kamini, 19, when the accused Govind entered the house and stabbed the mother and the daughter.

Hearing their screams, Vimlesh, the elder daughter-in-law of Sharda Devi, rushed to their room. She was also attacked with the knife by the accused.

Other locals also rushed to the house on hearing the commotion but the accused managed to flee.

Senior police officials including IG Satish Ganesh and SSP Bablu Kumar reached the scene of the crime and forensic team was called in to collect evidence. Dog squads were called in to trace the accused.

IG Satish Ganesh told reporters that the accused was in love with the daughter of Sharada Devi but she did not respond which provoked him to commit the crime.

The police official said that the accused would be arrested soon.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured woman has been admitted to a hospital.

Continue Reading


Batla House encounter: Court convicts Ariz Khan




A Delhi Court on Monday convicted Ariz Khan, an alleged Indian Mujahideen terrorist, in a case related to the 2008 Batla House encounter, noting that he intentionally caused the murder of encounter specialist and Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma.

On September 19, 2008, the Special Cell of Delhi Police carried out an encounter in Jamia Nagar’s Batla House, in which two suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists and Inspector Sharma died.

Ariz Khan was arrested in February 2018, a decade after allegedly being on the run after the encounter at L-18 in Batla House.

“Khan, along with his associates, voluntarily caused grievous hurt to public servants. The accused intentionally and voluntarily caused murder of Inspector M.C. Sharma by use of gun shot,” said Additional Sessions Judge Sandeep Yadav.

The judge said that Khan and his associates also caused hurt to Head Constables Balwant Singh and Rajbir Singh.

The judge further said that the evidence produced on record leaves no matter of doubt that the prosecution has proved the case beyond all reasonable doubt and that the accused is liable to be convicted.

The court will hear the arguments on the point of sentencing on March 15 at 12 noon. It has also directed the investigating officer to conduct an enquiry to ascertain the financial ability of Khan and his family to give compensation to the victims.

Ariz has been convicted under section 186 (Obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions), 333 (voluntarily causes grievous hurt), 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant), 302 (murder).

He has also been held guilty under 307 (attempt to murder), 174(a) (Non-appearance in response to a proclamation) 34 (criminal intention) of the Indian Penal Code and 27 (using any prohibited weapons) of the Arms Act.

Ariz is allegedly associated with the terror outfit Indian Mujahideen. Police claimed that he was present at Batla House, along with four others, and managed to give police a slip during the encounter.

As per the statements issued during Khan’s arrest in 2018, the police had said that Khan is an expert bomb maker, executioner and conspirator, and had been wanted for his involvement in various bomb blast cases in Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Uttar Pradesh.

Additional Public Prosecutor (APP) A.T. Ansari represented the Delhi Police, while advocate M.S. Khan represented Ariz Khan during trial proceedings in the matter.

Of the five men residing in the apartment in Batla House, Mohammed Sajid and Atif Amin were killed during the encounter, Junaid and Shahzad Ahmad fled and were caught years later, while Mohammad Saif surrendered to the police.

A trial court had, in July 2013, sentenced Indian Mujahideen terrorist Shahzad Ahmed to life imprisonment in connection with the case.

Continue Reading