Connect with us
Tuesday,13-April-2021

Crime

NIA files supplementary charge sheet against former Jammu and Kashmir cop

Published

on

National-Investigation-Agency

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Saturday filed a supplementary charge sheet against Hizabul Mujahideen terrorist Naveed Mushtaq Shah aka Naveed Babu, a former police official, in connection with its probe into the attack on Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Jammu and Kashmir’s Banihal in 2019.

The case relates to an attack on the CRPF convoy at Banihal by a terrorist who had exploded an explosive laden Santro car on March 30, 2019 with the intention of killing security personnel and waging war against the government.

The NIA re-registered the case on April 15, 2019.

An NIA spokesperson here said that the anti-terror probe agency filed the charge sheet against Shah in the Special NIA Court in Jammu under several sections of the RPC, Unlawful Acitivities Prevention Act, Explosive Substances Act , Jammu and Kashmir Public Property (Prevention of Damage) Act.

The official said that Shah, an ex-constable of Jammu and Kashmir Police had decamped with arms and ammunition in 2017, when he was posted as a guard in FCI, Budgam.

The official said that after deserting the force Shah had joined the terrorist group Hizbul-Mujahideen and became an active terrorist.

“Investigation has established that accused Shah was actively involved in the planning and execution of the attack on the CRPF convoy in Banihal along with other terrorists Riyaz Ahmed Naikoo, Rayees Ahmed Khan and Dr. Saifullah Mir who were subsequently killed in encounters with security forces,” the official said.

The NIA official further said that deceased terrorists Sahil Abdullah Bhat, Adil Bashir Sheikh and Zubair Ahmed Wani were actively involved in preparation of the explosives that went into the making of the IED. Charges have been abated against the deceased terrorists involved in the conspiracy.

The NIA had earlier filed chargesheet against six Hizbul-Mujahideen terrorists for their role in this attack and court has framed charges against them.

Crime

Man ends life after police demands bribe for tracing daughter

Published

on

Murder

45-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after a police official asked him for a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to trace his missing 22-year-old daughter.

According to the family members of deceased Shishupal, Ramnagar police outpost in-charge Ram Ratan Singh demanded the money from him.

Ram Ratan Singh reportedly reached where Shishupal had ended his life and tore up the suicide note when he found it.

Villagers later caught hold of him and handed him over to the police.

Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rohit Singh Sajwan, said that the Sub-Inspector has been shifted from the outpost and the allegation against him about asking for a bribe is under investigation.

Earlier, an FIR regarding the abduction of Shishupal’s daughter was registered at the Aonla police station on April 9.

In the FIR, Shishupal claimed that three men Banti, Mukesh and Dinesh abducted his daughter on a bike. The woman is yet to be traced.

Continue Reading

Crime

FIR against 3 Bihar MLAs for violating Covid norms

Published

on

Health-worker

The Bihar Police have registered an FIR against three MLAs from the opposition parties for violating Covid norms in Rohtas district, an official said.

Shyam Sunder Rai, the circle officer of the Nasriganj in Rohtas district confirmed the development.

The FIR registered against Anita Chaudhary, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) MLA from Nokha and a former minister; Arun Singh, the CPI-ML MLA from Karakat, Vijay Kumar Mandal, RJD MLA from Dinara in Rohtas district.

The three legislators went to the Baradih village under Nasriganj police station to participate in a political event on Monday evening. The event was organized by RJD veteran leader Ram Nath Yadav. Besides them, a number of local public representatives and leaders of Rohtas district also participated in the event.

“As a duty magistrate, I found that majority of leaders are not wearing face masks and not maintaining social distancing norms. As the second wave of corona is at its peak, there is a possibility of it spreading further. Hence, I have lodged a complaint with the concerned police station against them,” Rai said.

“We have also learnt that the organizer had not taken permission from the district administration for the event,” Rai said.

Continue Reading

Crime

Four garment shops gutted in Gurugram fire

Published

on

garment-shops-gutted

Garments worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes after a fire broke out at a shop located at Gurugram’s Sector-14 around 9 p.m. on Monday.

The flames soon spread to four adjacent shops located in the area. Fire personnel upon receiving information, rushed to the spot with four fire tenders and doused the flames, the officials said on Tuesday.

The reason for the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.

According to the fire officials, the entire operation took one hour. However, nobody was injured in the incident as the shops were closed at the time of the incident.

“We received information at around 9.15 p.m. on Monday. Four fire tenders were rushed to the place and brought the situation under control in one hour. Several teams of fire personnel were deployed in the fire-fighting and evacuation operations. The incident was likely to have been caused by an electric short-circuit,” I.S. Kashyap, assistant divisional fire safety officer told IANS.

Earlier in April, the city reported three fire incidents. On April 3, around 700 illegal huts in Nathupur village in Gurugram were gutted. On April 7, Plywood and Sanitary showrooms were completely burned in a massive fire incident at Sadar Bazar area and on April 11, around 110 illegal shanties were gutted in Naharpur village. However, according to the fire officials, nobody were injured in these fire incidents.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending