Connect with us
Wednesday,01-December-2021

Crime

NIA arrests one more accused from Karnataka in Kerala ISIS module case

Published

on

National-Investigation-Agency

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested Zufri Jawhar Damudi from Karnataka’s Bhatkal in the ISIS module case. He had created multiple pseudo IDs on different chat platforms, officials said on Friday.

An NIA official here said that the anti-terror probe agency has arrested Jawhar in connection with the Kerala ISIS module case.

The official said that Jawhar was using multiple pseudo ID’s on different chat platforms to communicate with people.

The official said that he was radicalising and recruiting youths to join the group.

The arrest comes two days after the NIA arrested four persons after carrying out searches at the five locations in Jammu and Kashmir, Bengaluru and Mangaluru.

The official said that searches were conducted at the premises of the accused, who were continuously in touch with arrested accused Mohammed Ameen and his associates through various groups or channels on encrypted chat platforms and had raised funds for furtherance of activities of the IS.

On Wednesday, the NIA during searches seized several digital devices including laptops, mobile phones, hard disk drives, pen drives, multiple SIM cards of different service providers, and incriminating documents.

“Subsequent to the searches, four accused persons associated with the IS were arrested. They have been identified as Obaid Hamid, a resident of Srinagar, Muzammil Hassan Bhat, a resident of Bandipora, Ammar Abdul Rahman, a resident of Mangaluru, and Shankar Venkatesh Perumal aka Ali Muaviya, a resident of Bengaluru.

“They were involved in raising funds and radicalising and motivating more people to join the IS,” the official had said.

The NIA had registered a suo moto case against seven known and other unknown accused persons on March 5 this year pertaining to terrorist activities of Ameen aka Abu Yahya, a resident of Kerala and his associates, who had been running various IS propaganda channels on different social media platforms such as Telegram, Hoop and Instagram for propagating its violent jihadi ideology and radicalising and recruiting new members for the module.

Earlier, the NIA had conducted searches and had arrested three accused persons, Ameen, Dr Rahees Rasheed and Mus’Hab Anwar in this case in March 2021.

The official said that during investigation, it has been revealed that after the decline of IS in Syria/Iraq, Ameen had visited Kashmir in March, 2020 for ‘Hijrah’ (religious migration) and for engaging in terrorist acts and had also raised funds in association with Kashmir based accused Mohammad Waqar Lone aka Wilson Kashmiri and his associates.

“As part of conspiracy, funds were also transferred to Lone by the accused in the case through banking channels and digital payment methods on the directions of Ameen,” the official said.

The official said that Ameen and his associates were also radicalising gullible Muslim youths for joining jihad and unlawful activities in India and had been successful in expanding the network in Kashmir and parts of Kerala, and Karnataka.

Crime

Kangna’s remarks against Sikhs blasphemous, plea in SC seeks censor on her social media posts

Published

on

By

Kangana-Ranaut

 A plea has been moved in the Supreme Court seeking a direction to censor all future social media posts by Bollywood actress Kangna Ranaut.

The plea filed by advocate Sardar Charanjeet Singh Chanderpal sought direction to instruct all social media platforms to censor, modify or delete Ranaut’s posts before allowing its official release, if it results in law-and-order problems in India.

The plea said Kangna has made these utterances on a public platform of social media like Instagram. “This post on Instagram in short means and infers ‘Sikh farmers as Khalistani Terrorists, upholds the genocide of 1984’, means that Sikhs should be treated as a lower race like unwanted mosquitoes and they need a Guru like Mrs. Indira Gandhi when the Eternal Guru of the Sikhs is Guru Granth Sahibjee,” said the plea.

The plea contended that such statements develop a sense of racial discrimination, hate based on different faiths and could lead to a lot of heated arguments on social media and have to potency of even riots, provocation and have all ingredients of the offences that these statements commit.

“The remarks are not only outrageous and blasphemous but also intend to cause riots, hurt religious sentiments, they are defamatory as well as portray Sikhs in a totally anti National manner. It also justifies the killing of innocent Sikhs. The remarks are totally against the unity of our country and the actress deserves a serious punishment at Law. They cannot be brushed aside or excused,” added the plea, filed through advocate Anil Kumar.

The plea seeks direction to the home ministry, IT ministry, TRAI and state police authorities of different states to take preventive action on Kangna’s social media posts.

The plea also sought a direction to transfer all the FIRs on the derogatory statements allegedly made by Kangna on Sikhs to the Khar police station in Mumbai.

Continue Reading

Crime

Koregaon-Bhima case: Bombay HC grants bail to activist Sudha Bharadwaj

Published

on

By

The Bombay High Court on Wednesday granted bail by default to lawyer-activist Sudha Bharadwaj, one of the accused in the 2018 Koregaon-Bhima and Elgar Parishad caste violence case.

The court has directed that Bharadwaj should be produced before the Special NIA Court next Wednesday to finalise the bail conditions.

However, the court declined the applications of eight other co-accused in the same case including Dr. P. Varavara Rao, Sudhir Dhawale, Rona Wilson, Advocate Surendra Gadling, Prof. Shoma Sen, Mahesh Raut, Arun Ferreira and Vernon Gonsalves.

All the accused were arrested from different parts of India in June-August 2018 in swoops by the Pune Police and later the case was taken over by the National Investigation Agency in Jan. 2020.

Continue Reading

Crime

3 killed in blast in Bengal’s South 24 Parganas

Published

on

By

Three persons were killed and several others injured in a huge blast at a residential building in South 24 Parganas district’s Mohanpur village on Wednesday morning, police said.

According to the police, the owner of the house had stacked huge amounts of illegal explosives possibly for making firecrackers which resulted in the blast. The owner of the house — Ashim Mondal and two of his employees — were killed in the blast.

According to the local people, Mondal had been running an illegal firecracker factory in the locality for the last ten years. “This is a residential area and we had the fear that this kind of explosion could take place. We requested him several times and also informed the police, but nothing happened,” a local resident said.

According to the local people, the magnitude of the blast was so high that the window panes of some of the neighbouring houses broke and the bodies were thrown nearly 200 metres away from the blast site. According to the police, the blast took place on the roof and the concrete roof collapsed.

“The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and we have informed the forensic team. Once they give their report we will be able to understand the nature of the explosives and the exact location of the blast,” a senior police officer said.

Continue Reading

Trending