Connect with us
Wednesday,04-August-2021

Crime

Mumbai building crash death toll climbs to 6

Published

on

The death toll in Thursday’s crash of the 80-year-old Bhanushali Building in south Mumbai climbed to six with at least five bodies recovered from the debris during the night, and 18 others were injured, the BMC Disaster Control said here on Friday.

Among the victims were Kusum P. Gupta, 45, Jyotsna P. Gupta, 50, Padmalal M. Gupta, 51, and two others who are still unidentified.

A woman who was rescued on Thursday night Neha Gupta, 45, continues to be critical in Sir J. J. Hospital, while two others injured are Bhalchandra Kandu, 48 and Shailesh Bhalchandra Kandu, 17.

The rescue operations continued as 2-3 other persons were feared trapped in the rubble even as bouts of heavy rains continued to lash the city.

The first two major house-crashes of Mumbai in the current monsoon includes the five-storied Bhanushali Building in Fort, near the GPO and a three-storied tenement in Plot No. 8B of Collector Compound in Malvani, Malad west which collapsed on an adjoining two-storied tenement.

In both incidents, a total of eight persons have lost their lives so far, more than 30 are injured, and over a dozen evacuated safely.

Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Housing Minister Jitendra Awhad, Mayor Kishori Pednekar, Municipal Commissioner I. S. Chahal, Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh and other senior officials rushed to the site and reviewed the relief and rescue operations in south Mumbai.

The victims of the Malad crash have been identified as a 23-year old woman Anjum S. Shaikh, and an 18-year old youth Faizal W. Sayyed. The 13 others rescued from the Malad crash were treated for minor injuries and discharged from the Hayat Hospital nearby.

Mumbai Suburban District Guardian Minister Aditya Thackeray, who visited the Malad crash site, said each of the victim families would be given a compensation of Rs 400,000, while the families of the injured will get Rs 5,000 besides treatment.

“We will take strict action against the building owners if they are found violating the laws and book them for culpable homicide not amounting to murder,” warned Mayor Pednekar.

Crime

One held in murder case in Gurugram

Published

on

Gurugram-police

The Gurugram police have arrested an accused in connection with a murder case. The crime had allegedly taken place on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday in the Sector-37/C area in Gurugram.

The deceased was identified as Anuj Kumar Gautam of Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh. The arrested accused was identified as Binda Prasad of Unnao in Uttar Pradesh.

According to the complainant, Sanjay, a native of Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh stated in his police complaint he along with his relative Anuj Kumar Gautam had visited Chandan, a labour contractor related to some work on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday in Sector-37/C area.

Chandan left after some later and the compliant and Anuj was standing at the spot to discuss something.

“After some time two boys and a girl came in a black Verna car. The boys stepped out from their car and told us we had abused the girl… we denied them but they beat us with sticks and iron rod,” the complainant alleged in his police complaint.

The complainant alleged the boys held them hostage in a bathroom and they also took Chandan at the same place and beat the trio mercilessly in which Anuj lost his senses following which the accused fled the spot.

The complainant immediately took the injured to a hospital where he succumbed due to his injuries.

However, preliminary investigations indicated that the girl misidentified the victims as it was someone else who had molested the girl.

The police have also identified the man who molested the girl.

“We have arrested a culprit in connection with the murder. Hunts are on to nab other criminals. A case of murder under relevant sections of the IPC was registered against the culprits at Sector-10A police station,” Preet Pal Sangwan, ACP (crime) said.

Continue Reading

Crime

45 lakhs were given for the murder of Mansukh Hiren, big disclosure of NIA in court

Published

on

By

Mansukh-Hiren

A new information has come out in the famous Mansukh Hiren murder case of Mumbai. According to this, Rs 45 lakh was given to the accused for the murder of Mansukh. The NIA (National Investigation Agency) has given this information to the special court. Based on this, the NIA has also bought additional time of 30 days to file the charge sheet. The NIA was to file the charge sheet by June 9 in the Mansukh Hiren murder case. The NIA has also disclosed many details related to the case to the special court.

According to which person had funded this case. This is also being explored. Apart from this, till now the NIA has recorded the statements of about 150 witnesses. Even after going to Delhi, the statements of some people were also recorded. A few days after the murder of Mansukh Hiren, his body was found in the Gulf of Mumbra. Although then it was being called suicide. But his wife had said that her husband had been murdered. After which there were many arrests one after the other including Sachin Vajhe in the case.

NIA has also arrested several police officers of Mumbai Police in Mansukh Hiren murder case and Antilia explosives case. In which the names of Sachin Wajhe, Riyazuddin Qazi, Sunil Mane and Constable Vinayak Shinde are included. All these police officers have also been dismissed from service by the Maharashtra Police. Apart from these, cricket bookie Naresh Gaur has also been arrested. All these accused are presently in judicial custody. Some people including former encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma were also arrested.

Continue Reading

Crime

Pilot and co-pilot of crashed helicopter in Jammu and Kashmir still missing

Published

on

Dhruv-helicopter-crashed

The pilot and the co-pilot of the Dhruv helicopter that crashed on Tuesday into the Ranjit Sagar Dam in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua district are still missing.

Although there been no official defence statement on this crash, sources had said on Tuesday that both the pilot and the co-pilot ‘were safe’.

Police sources in Kathua, who were part of the rescue operation after the helicopter crashed in Basohli area of the district, where the Ranjit Sagar Dam is situated, said the two are still missing.

“The rescuers have recovered a helmet, a pithoo bag and a pair of shoes from the Dam waters, but there has been no trace of the missing pilot and the co-pilot.

“Rescue operation was called off due to darkness yesterday. It is being resumed today morning,” a senior police officer said.

The helicopter had taken off from Pathankot in Punjab and after flying very low, it crashed into the Dam.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending