Connect with us
Sunday,20-September-2020

Maharashtra

MNS Warns Indian Music Companies To Stop Working With Pakistani Singers

Published

on

MNS-Pulwama-Attack-Pak-Singers

After the Pulwama Attack, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has given a clear ultimatum to Indian music companies that they should stop working with Pakistani singers from now on.

On February 14, 2019, India lost its 49 CRPF soldiers in a terrorist attack. Since then, people across the country are angry and even political parties are speaking with the same tone over Pulwama attack.

In 2016 URI attack, MNS gave an ultimatum to Pakistan based artists in India to return to their country in 48 hours. In the same way, MNS now told to the Music companies that they better stop working with Pakistani artists or they will teach them a lesson in their own way.

MNS leader of Film wing, Amey Khopkar told to the leading daily, “We have spoken to Indian companies such as T-Series, Sony Music, Venus, Tips Music orally that they do not work with Pakistani singers. These companies should immediately stop or we will take action in our own way. ” Recently, Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series has tied up with two separate songs Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Atif Aslam.

Recently, T-series have signed Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Atif Aslam for two different songs. It is being reported that, after the warning by MNS, the two songs were being removed from T-series Youtube Channel.

Even, BJP MP and singer Babul Supriyo have the same tone, “Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Atif Islam are great singers, no doubt about that. It is important to clarify that our problems is not with Rahat or Atif but with their Pakistani nationality. I think the families of those killed in Pulwama would feel much better if we as a clan take this decision.”

 

Maharashtra

Export ban protest: Maharashtra NCP sends onions as gift to PM, Governor

Published

on

Onion-prices

Even as the Nationalist Congress Party and the Congress continued to protest against the Centre’s ban on onion exports, the NCP’s Women’s Wing on Friday sent onions to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari.

Women workers from all 36 districts in Maharashtra collected onions and sent them to Modi and Koshyari, said NCP Women’s Wing President Rupali Chakankar.

“Our women collected onions despite financial constraints and sent parcels of 5 kg each to the PM and the Governor. From Pune, we have dispatched the onion consignments by India Post. In other districts, our members handed these to Collectors or other officials to be forwarded to the two leaders,” Chakankar told IANS.

She said the onion parcels would convey the sentiments of onion farmers who were crying because the export ban had hit their livelihood badly, besides causing huge market fluctuations.

“The PM celebrated his birthday on September 17. Today, we sent him a belated birthday gift to make him understand the tears our poor farmers are shedding,” Chakankar added.

Asked why the onion parcels were sent to Raj Bhavan, she said that the Governor had time to meet all and sundry who speak ill of Maharashtra, but had no time to hear out onion farmers to acknowledge their problems in these difficult times.

“After spending so much time with anybody who criticises Maharashtra, its leaders and the Mumbai Police, the Governor should spare some time to meet our poor farmers and convey their plight to the Centre,” the NCP leader said.

Pointing to the gravity of the situation, she said that around 500,000 tonnes of onions were stuck at Mumbai ports due to the ban, causing a loss of Rs 1,250 crore to the farmers and others.

“Who’s responsible for all this? Will the BJP-led government compensate them for their losses?” she asked.

The NCP leader said that after a series of calamities like drought, floods, unseasonal rains and lockdown, the central government has brought another catastrophe on the suffering farmers. She demanded that the export ban be revoked forthwith.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Nobody cured due to ‘Bhabhiji papad’: Shiv Sena attacks Centre

Published

on

Sanjay-Raut

Taking a jibe at Union Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal, who promoted ‘Bhabhiji papad’ to fight the coronavirus infection, the Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut said in Rajya Sabha on Thursday, “Maharashtra has done good in controlling the pandemic and nobody was cured by eating the papad”.

In July, Meghwal promoted ‘Bhabiji papad’, claiming that it was made from such ingredients which could help in building antibodies against Covid-19.

Raut, while attacking Meghwal said, “Maharashtra has actively controlled the spread, and Dharavi is the best example, which is the largest slum in the country. Many ministers are infected, a former cricketer-minister Chetan Chauhan has died. There should be no blame game on the issue and we should fight this pandemic together.”

Participating in the debate on the Covid-19 situation in the country, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Praful Patel said the state is being targeted unduly and this is the time to fight together.

The opposition attack was triggered after BJP MP Vinay Sahasrabuddhe targeted the Maharashtra government on the Covid issue.

Congress leader Anand Sharma initiated the discussion on Wednesday on the statement of the Union Health Minister. Sharma targeted the government over the imposition of ‘sudden lockdown’ in the country and the government claims that this prevented nearly 14 to 29 lakh Covid-19 cases.

“Yesterday, the health minister said that this decision (lockdown) could prevent approximately 14 to 29 lakh Covid-19 cases and 37,000-78,000 deaths. This House must be informed what is the scientific basis of this and how they have reached this conclusion,” Sharma said. He said there was a very wide gap in this.

Sharma also questioned why the government had no data on the migrant workers. He also said had the facilities like the quarantine centres been in place in cities for the migrant workers, their migration could have been restricted, and thus the pandemic could have been contained from spreading into rural areas.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Champat Rai says ‘Uddhav welcome in Ayodhya’

Published

on

Champat-Rai

Champat Rai, general secretary of the Shri Ram Janambhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust, has said that Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray is always welcome to visit Ayodhya.

“Kisi ki maa ne dhoodh pilaya hai ki Uddhav ko rok sake (dare anyone who can stop Uddhav),” Rai said

Rai’s statement is significant since it comes two days after the Akhara Parishad , VHP and other Ayodhya seers announced their support for actor Kangana Ranaut and asked the Maharashtra Chief Minister to stay away from Ayodhya.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending