Connect with us
Monday,29-November-2021

Maharashtra

Former Chief Minister Narayan Rane will protest against the Thackeray government of Maharashtra

Published

on

Narayan-Rane

The BJP will start rally against the Uddhav Thackeray government in Maharashtra, Narayan Rane, the former rebel leader of Shiv Sena and recently made minister in the Modi government, will take over the rally. During this yatra, Rane will also highlight the failures of the Uddhav government.This yatra will be taken out from Mumbai to Konkan.

BJP leader Narayan Rane will start this Jan Ashirwad Yatra from Mumbai on August 19. Rane’s show of strength will end in Ratnagiri on August 25 and Sindhudurg on August 26.

According to Rane, Maharashtra is going on the path of ruin during the tenure of Thackeray government. So people have to be awakened.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Nawab Malik granted bail in defamation case filed by BJP activist

Published

on

By

 A Mumbai court on Monday granted bail to Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik in a Rs 100 crore defamation suit filed by Bharatiya Janata Party activist Mohit (Kamboj) Bhartiya.

Malik, who responded to a notice by the Mazagaon Magistrate Court three weeks ago, was granted a bail of Rs 15,000 and the matter has been posted for further hearing on December 30.

Last month, the BJP functionary had filed the defamation case against the NCP leader for allegedly defaming him by revelations that his brother-in-law Rishabh Sachdev was among the persons detained by the Narcotics Control Bureau after it raided the Cordelia Cruise on October 2 and was released later.

Bhartiya contended that the minister allegedly used his power and position to raise doubts and spread canards about the release of his brother-in-law, and has spoiled his image and reputation.

After examining the evidence provided by Bhartiya, the Magistrate ruled that prima facie, Malik’s statements at his media briefings on October 9 and 11 pointed at defamation and issued the process against him.

Interacting with media, Malik said that he had honoured the court notice and appeared before the Magistrate in the defamation suit filed by Bhartiya, but denied the all contentions of the complainant.

“We have also brought on record how Bhartiya himself is a fraudulent person involved in a scam of Rs 1,100 crore and the raids by the Central Bureau of Investigations on him. When the scam started coming out, he changed his name from Kamboj to Bhartiya, we have submitted all evidence to the court and will provide more later,” he said.

Soon after the ministera¿s expose, Bhartiya had sent him a couple of legal notices and when the allegations continued, he filed the defamation case against Malik before the Mazagaon Magistrate Court.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

Quashing single-bench order: Malik, Wankhede Sr on same page

Published

on

By

 Dnyandev Wankhede, father of Narcotics Control Bureau Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede, said he had no objection to a plea by Nationalist Congress Party Minister Nawab Malik seeking to quash a single-judge order declining interim relief to Wankhede Sr in his defamation suit against the NCP leader.

Though a single-bench order of November 22 by Justice Madhav Jamdar refused interim relief to Wankhede Sr, Malik had filed a plea for quashing the same as it had certain observations against him too.

In his plea, Malik suggested that after quashing the order by Justice Jamdar, the interim application in Wankhede Sr’s suit could be remanded back to the same court for re-hearing the matter.

Accordingly, after Wankhede Sr consented, a division bench comprising Justice S.J. Kathawalla and Justice Milind Jadhav said that the single-judge order has been consensually set aside and remanded it back to the single-judge to hear afresh the interim relief aspects.

The division bench granted Malik time till December 9 to file his reply to the Wankhede Sr’ interim application and the latter is required to submit his rejoinder by January 3, 2022.

Meanwhile, Malik will refrain from making any statements against the Wankhedes as he had earlier done.

It may be recalled that following a series of stinging exposes by Malik, questioning the family’s religious credential, the alleged fake caste certificate submitted by Sameer Wankhede to get the plum job in IRS, and other issues, Wankhede Sr had filed a Rs 1.25 crore defamation suit against Malik and sought an interim relief to temporarily restrain the minister from making any statements against the family till the pendency of the case.

Continue Reading

Maharashtra

As Omicron peeps, Maharashtra to reopen all schools from Dec 1

Published

on

By

Schools-reopen

 Marking a significant step, Maharashtra government has issued the SOPs and guidelines to reopen all schools for offline classes from December 1 in urban and rural areas, officials said, even as a threat of the new Covid-19 variant Omicron has just emerged.

The guidelines, issued late on Sunday in continuation of School Education Minister Prof. Varsha E. Gaikwad announcement on November 26, has mandated physical distancing, face-masks, hygiene and other guidelines as schools gear up to welcome the students back.

Earlier on October 4, the schools were thrown open for students in higher Classes 8-12 in urban areas and 5-12 in the rural areas, eliciting a good response with smooth handling reported by the schools.

Emboldened by the exercise and the fall in the number of cases and fatalities, the state will reopen Class 1-7 in urban and 1-4 in rural areas from Wednesday.

Besides, if any students found with any symptoms, they will not be permitted to enter the school campus/premises, all schools must keep clean with regular sanitisation, all must wash/sanitise their hands frequently to keep away infection risks.

If at any time, more than five students test Covid-19 positive within a fortnight, the local authorities would review the school’s preventive measure and decide accordingly.

For the time being, schools have been advised to avoid biometric attendance systems and use alternative ways, avoid crowds like assembly, prayers, games, etc., and ‘quartet students’ must be granted access to online education.

Setting an optimistic tone, Prof. Gaikwad said that drawing from the earlier experience of reopening schools, the feedback from officials and school authorities, the going would be smooth and safe from December 1.

“From December 1, children as young as 6 years old will set foot in schools once again. Their safety and wellbeing is our priority. Reviewed preparedness for this phase of schools reopening with municipal commissioners, Zilla Parishad CEOs, Deputy Directors of Education and other district level officers,” said Prof. Gaikwad.

The development comes days after the state government lifted all lockdown norms on November 27 to pre-pandemic levels even as the new risk of Omicron was thrown up, raising questions on the future course of action.

Continue Reading

Trending