All good things must come to an end, and that stands true for hugely popular shows like “Game of Thrones”, “Big Bang Theory”, “Modern Family”, “Supernatural” and “Suits”.
As the quest to claim the Iron Throne nears its end with the final chapter of “Game of Thrones” opening next week, IANS lists shows that are coming to an end soon.
* “Game of Thrones”: With a storyline that paints a whimsical world of dragons and White Walkers on one hand, and stays close to reality by showing how relationships cannot be trusted when it comes to ruling a kingdom, the show, with its story based on George R.R. Martin’s novels, has become a global phenomenon. It started in 2011.
Unexpected twists and turns keep fans glued to “Game of Thrones”, and its final season will be no different.
Actress Nathalie Emmanuel says the final chapter will bring closure to all the stories in an exciting, but heartbreaking way. Vladimir Furdik, who plays the villainous Night King, also said that season 8 will be packed with lots of surprises.
“Game of Thrones” Season 8 will premiere internationally on April 14. It will stream on Hotstar Premium along with the international premiere, and air on India TV on Star World on April 16.
* “Suits”: The story started when a hotshot lawyer Harvey Specter (essayed Gabriel Macht) took a gamble by hiring a brilliant college dropout Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams) as an associate in his law firm, and gave the audience a glimpse of the trials and tribulations of the legal world. The drama began in 2011.
The story has expanded its universe, and brought forward varied stories with myriad emotions — be it a love story ending with a fairytale wedding and the highs and lows of corporate takeovers. It has been announced that the show will wrap up with its ninth season, comprising 10 episodes.
Actor Dule Hill says the show will go out with lots of drama, energy and some returning faces.
* “Supernatural”: Credited as the longest-running sci-fi genre show, “Supernaturals” is all about the supernatural and paranormal. It follows brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) Winchester as they join their family business of hunting down supernatural monsters. Created by Eric Kripke, it premiered in 2005, and has garnered a massive fan following since then.
The show, which airs in India on AXN, will conclude after 15 seasons. The last season will have 20 episodes.
* “Big Bang Theory”: This show’s universe originated with the story of how four nerds — Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons), Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki), Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) and Raj Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar) — react when a girl Penny (Kaley Cuoco) enters their life as a friendly neighbour.
With all the idiosyncrasies, quirky behaviour, cultural one-liners, including a lot of Indian references courtesy British-Indian actor Kunal, as well as dating fundas — the story that highlights the personal life of scientists and geeks was loved by one and all, making it a phenomenon.
The show, which can be streamed on HOOQ in India, will wrap up its 12-season run with an hour-long finale on May 16 internationally.
* “Modern Family”: The Emmy Award-winning show was an instant hit after its debut in 2009, and will be ending the golden run with its eleventh season.
Created by Steven Levitan and Chistopher Lloyd, the show navigates the life of members of Pritchett family and won hearts for showing a diverse picture of an American family with themes around a gay couple, adoption, dating, young pregnancy and ethnicity running at its core. The final season of the show, aired in India on Star World, is expected to come with “some surprises and big milestones”.
* “Arrow”: Stephen Amell’s run as Oliver Queen will end with season eight, which will air soon. The final season based on the DC Comics series will consist of 10 episodes.
Launched in 2012, “Arrow” stars Amell as the titular superhero, whose real name is Oliver Queen. Queen returned home to Starling City five years after being presumed dead in a shipwreck, at which time he created the superhero persona of Green Arrow to fight crime in the city.
* “Criminal Minds”: The police procedural crime drama television series premiered on September 22, 2005. It will be ending with Season 15. The long-running crime drama, created and produced by Jeff Davis, is about a group of FBI behavioural profilers.
* “Orange Is The New Black”: The show, which premiered first on the small screen before its Netflix stint, is set to end after its seventh season. The critically acclaimed dramedy follows the life of women as prisoners and how they come to terms with it.
* “Homeland”: The action-filled story of a spy, woven with the thrills of political drama, will end with its eighth season.
The story follows the life of a CIA agent Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) and how she starts suspecting a celebrated war hero, who was once held as a prisoner by a terrorist group, and may in fact be a terrorist sleeper agent. It narrates how the agent risks everything in her duty to safeguard her country.
Shows like “Veep”, “Jane the Virgin”, “Elementary”, “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”, “Mr. Robot” and “Fuller House” will also wrap up soon.
Actress Katrina Kaif tests negative for Covid
Actress Katrina Kaif has tested negative for Covid-19. The Bollywood star took to Instagram to share the news with fans on Saturday.
Katrina shared a picture on Instagram dressed in yellow, and thanked everyone who had checked on her health while she was down with Covid.
“Negative (everyone who checked up on me thank u, it was really sweet felt a lot of)” she wrote, completing a sentence with a yellow heart sign. Traditionally, a yellow flag is used to denote quarantine.
The actress tested Covid positive at the beginning of the month. She had shared the health update on Instagram and asked everyone who had been in touch with her to get themselves tested.
Meanwhile, the release date for Katrina’s “Sooryavanshi” has been postponed again. She will share the screen with Akshay Kumar in the film. The actress also has “Bhoot Police” lined up, which also stars Siddhanth Chaturvedi and Ishaan Khatter. She will also be seen with Salman Khan in “Tiger 3”.
Actor Sonu Sood tests Covid positive
Actor Sonu Sood has tested Covid positive. He took to social media to share the news with fans on Saturday, asking them not to worry.
He posted a picture that read: “Hi Everyone, this is to inform you that I have tested positive this morning for COVID-19. As a part of precautions, I have already quarantined myself & taking utmost care. But don’t worry this gives me ample time to solve your problems. Remember I’m always there for you all. — Sonu Sood.”
He captioned the post as: “Stay safe Stay positive.”
The actor was recently appointed brand ambassador of Punjab’s Covid vaccination programme by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
Sonu has been actively helping people cope with the Covid crises. Last year, he helped thousands of migrants reach houses during lockdown and also provided e-rickshaws to the unemployed.
Aditi Rao Hydari: I am dying to go back to theatres
Aditi Rao Hydari says while OTT is doing a great job at entertaining the audience, she does miss the big screen.
The actor says there is a sense of “magic” in theatres, which has always been there and will never go away.
“I miss it because there’s the magic associated with the theatre, there’s a whole childhood nostalgia, and it’s a very immersive experience. You go there and you become a part of the world there,” Aditi told IANS.
However, she said that since last year, OTT platforms have really gained prominence.
“In lockdown, OTT platforms have been our best friends. With OTT, there has been amazing writing, content, and the way the audience has consumed the content, that’s been really incredible,” she said, adding that the platform has given a lot of work to people in the industry.
“As an actor, there is so much more to do on it, in fact, for directors, writers, and everyone in the industry it has opened a whole new world,” she said, adding there will come a time when both platforms will be at the same level.
“Of course, I am dying to go back to theatres, but I feel there will be a time when there will be a value of the theatres and there will be the same value for OTT because each platform is powerful in its own way,” she says.
The actress adds that the kind of content that plays on both platforms is diverse.
“For writers, directors, actors, it has opened up a new world in terms of stories that one can only make for OTT which is different from (what) one makes for the theatres. Quite often, the theatrical films are larger-than-life and mounted differently. A producer might tell it better, how it is structured. OTT is different because the pressure is different,” she says.
“As an artist, I have the same passion and the same love. It’s just the medium and the way it is done for each platform, that is a whole producer and the finance thing, that’s different. So, it doesn’t make a difference in how I work. I do believe, the variety can be more and it is, the kind of topic people are making films and shows on, might not be conducive to the theatre or the way stories they tell like in 6 to 7 seasons, in theatre you just have 2 hours. That’s different,” she says.
Aditi is currently seen on the OTT-released film “Ajeeb Daastaans”, and will soon be seen in the Tamil film “Hey Sinamika”, “Maha Samudram”.
India’s 2nd Covid wave more infectious, lower fatality
Lalu Prasad to remain in AIIMS Delhi for treatment
Covid surge: Hazrat Nizamuddin dargah closed till April 30
Barcelona president ‘convinced’ Lionel Messi will remain at Camp Nou
Buoyant RCB take on KKR
Ajay Devgn not the man in viral Delhi brawl video: Actor’s team
Covid effect: Maharashtra promotes all students in Class I-VIII without exams
Pakistani agencies desperate to stop key D-company financier’s extradition to US
CBSE exams for Class 10 cancelled, class 12 postponed
Bombay HC needs new building: CJI S.A. Bobde
Mumbai Mayor hits the streets, orders people to wear masks
Watch Video: Mentally Retarded Man Illegally Walks On Mumbai Airport’s Runway, Stopped Flight, CISF Arrested
Viral Video: Zomato Lady Abuses Traffic Police, FIR Filed In Vashi Police Station
Viral Video: Zomato Food Delivery Woman Abuses Traffic Police’s Towing Van Driver For This Reason!
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Teaser Review: Karan Deol And Sahher Bambba Chemistry Sparks
Fashion3 years ago
Best Bridal Makeup Artists In Mumbai – 2018
General2 years ago
High Court Allowed Herbal flavour Hookah In Maharashtra
Crime2 years ago
Watch Video: Heera Group Supporter Threatening Victims
Crime3 years ago
SEBI Confirmed Heera Gold In Ponzi Scheme, ED, SFIO And EOW Probing The Case
Bollywood2 years ago
Aamir Khan says When I sign a film, I first look at the story
Business3 years ago
OPPO’s First Research and Development centre to open in Hyderabad
Crime2 years ago
Hindu Sena Wrote Letter To Modi Government To Ban Quran, Says It’s A Threat To National Security
Bollywood3 years ago
Rishi Kapoor calls British Airways As ‘racist’