Connect with us
Thursday,01-October-2020

General

Delhi High Court asks YouTube to remove two PewDiePie songs

Published

on

Delhi-High-Court

The Delhi High Court has asked YouTube to remove from its platform two songs posted by Swedish YouTuber PewDiePie.

Justice Jayant Nath in an interim order on April 8 said the order should be complied with within two weeks. “In my opinion, it would be in the interest of justice that these videos are taken off by YouTube”, Justice Nath said.

The court also directed YouTube to ensure that the songs do not get uploaded again on its platform.

A notice was issued to PewDiePie on the suit filed by T-Series owner Super Cassettes Pvt Ltd. The court has listed the matter for further hearing on July 15.

In its plea, T-Series has sought that Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie, be permanently restrained from uploading the songs titled “T-Series Diss Track/Bitch Lasagna” and “Congratulations”.

The Super Cassettes told the court lyrics of songs were defamatory and offensive in nature. The songs contained racist, inflammatory and hateful remarks against the Indian community and disparage the T-Series and its trademark, it said.

The Indian music company has alleged that PewDiePie has been uploading defamatory music videos to target T-Series and the Indian community to regain its top slot.

PewDiePie was once the most-subscribed channel on YouTube, but T-Series overtook him.

The court also noted that after the first video was released, PewDiePie sent a communication to T-Series and apologised for posting the same. He also stated “it was all in good fun”, and assured that he was “not planning any more videos on the same lines.” However, on March 31 he posted a new song.

Maharashtra

Sweets are distributed Before IPS gets transfer order… Uddhav Govt is under docs over transfers

Published

on

zaidisir

Shivsena Govt in Maharashtra is under shadow over transfers of Govt Officials. The opposition is continuously attacking Shivsena Govt on transfers and placement of Govt officials they say that there is big nexus of Govt Officials and Political leaders in power and everything is happening under this nexus. Possibly big money involvement is also there. However, there have been cancellations of transfer orders in Udhav Govt and this suggests that someone is holding the remote for the Govt.

This time also similar case is seen in the post of SP of Raigarh it is said that many IPS are in a queue for the post and on the other side, politicians are also up as they want their officers to be appointed and that why there is a delay in coming up of the order and there is a twist that an officer named Ashok Dudhe has been confirmed for the post before any order. NCP leader and MP Sunil Tatkare have been vouching for Mr. Dudhe as Tatkare wants him to be appointed in Raigarh.

Now the question arises that why Merit is cornered in this Govt and posting and transfers are happening at the behest of political leaders. And now if Mr. Dudhe is appointed then it is confirmed that it happened coz of Tatkare and there is an element of corruption and political interference is there and what Udhav Govt does to curb this.

Continue Reading

General

Senior Kerala journalist N.J.Nair passes away

Published

on

Corpse

N.J. Nair, senior journalist and deputy chief of Kerala operations – The Hindu, passed away in the wee hours of Monday.

He was 59 and is survived by his wife and two sons. A hugely loved and respected journalist for his pleasing and mild manners, Nair began his career with The Indian Express and had been with The Hindu for the past 25 years.

Nair was set to superannuate early next year. He passed away following a cardiac arrest at a private hospital here.

Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, Governor of Meghalaya P.S. Sreedharan Pillai, Union Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan, former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, State Ministers Thomas Issac and Kadakampally Surendran condoled the death of Nair.

“Nair, was a widely respected journalist for the way he carried out his job and was always working for the upliftment of the state through his articles. His death will be a loss for the media,” said Chief Minister Vijayan.

Continue Reading

General

Mumbai fishermen net a whale shark

Published

on

Mumbai: A fishing trawler accidentally netted a gigantic 8-metres long, around 2-3 tonnes weight dotted Whale-Shark fish, while fishing off Mumbai, late on Tuesday night It was dragged in the dead early on Wednesday and later lifted by a crane, and kept at Sassoon Docks. (Photo: IANS)

Late on Tuesday night, a fishing trawler in the Arabian Sea accidentally netted a big catch around 40-50 kms off Colaba.

A giant dotted whale shark got entangled in the fishing nets and desperately struggled to set itself free, but failed, said one of the fishermen on board the vessel.

Owing to darkness and inclement weather conditions, the fishing trawler decided to sail back to Mumbai, dragging the creature in the nets behind it, and reached here early on Wednesday.

They left it along with the net near the shores of the 145-year-old Sassoon Docks in Colaba and sailed back into the sea, informed Damodar Tandel, President of Akhil Bharatiya Machhimar Kriti Samiti and prominent fisherfolk leader.

Later, a crane was deployed to lift the massive dotted whale shark that was around 8-metres (over 26 feet) long, and weighed more than two tonnes (two thousand kilograms).

The crane laid it on the docks as curious fisherfolk gathered around to click selfies this morning.

“We were on a routine patrol in the area and saw this enormous fish, which the fishermen revere as ‘Dev-Masa’ lying here,” Colaba Police Station’s constable Swapnil Kumbhar told IANS.

Though Kumbhar was not clear of the next course of action, prominent fisherfolk leader Damodar Tandel said the whale shark was taken away by a trader who will extract oil from it and dispose off the remains.

This is the first instance in recent times that such a massive fish got entangled in a fishing net, though Mumbai and Maharashtra coastline have witnessed incidents of similar sea-giants getting washed ashore in the past, he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending