Connect with us
Tuesday,29-September-2020

Bollywood

Actor Rajkummar Rao: ‘Omerta’ was emotionally and physically draining

Published

on

Rajkummar Rao is waiting for directors to say ‘action’.

Rajkummar Rao recalls how Hansal Mehtas 2017 release “Omerta” allowed him to push his boundary as an actor.

“Omar in Omerta is certainly one of the most challenging characters I have ever played on screen. It drained me completely emotionally and physically. I could never have imagined that playing this part would mentally take me to such dark places. It’s a journey of one of the most deadly terrorists of our times and Hansal sir pushed me out of my boundaries to explore,” said Rajkummar, about the film that saw him essay Omar Saeed Sheikh, British terrorist of Pakistani descent.

“This wasn’t an easy film to make, with multiple locations, adverse weather conditions and often limited resources. What we had in ample measure was heart. The entire team has put their heart and soul into every minute of the process throughout the way,” the actor added.

Rajkummar has done some of his best work in Hansal Mehta films. In fact, his performance in Mehta’s 2013 release “Shahid” won him Best Actor at the National Awards.

Mehta opened up about his association with the actor. “This (‘Omerta’) was my fifth collaboration with Rajkummar Rao, and perhaps one of his biggest challenges as an actor. After having made films like ‘Shahid’, ‘Citylights’ and ‘Aligarh’ together, we were exploring a character’s inner darkness through this film’s protagonist Omar Sheikh. This is a film I’m very proud of. ‘Omerta’ is an important document of our times,” he said of the film, which streams on the Zee5 July 25 onwards.

Bollywood

Actor-producer Arbaaz Khan files for defamation after his name crops up in Sushant case

Published

on

Arbaaz-Khan

Actor-producer Arbaaz Khan has filed a defamation case against several social media users who alleged his involvement in the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput and his manager Disha Salian.

Arbaaz filed the case in a civil court in the city, and the court has directed defendants Vibhor Anand and Sakshi Bhandari, and unknown defendants — namely John Doe / Ashok Kumar — to withdraw, recall or take down defamatory content published directly or indirectly by any of them.

The defamatory posts stated that the Arbaaz was arrested and taken into unofficial custody by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as part of the investigation.

Sushant was found dead in his apartment on June 14, 2020, and probe into his death case is still going on. After Mumbai Police initially concluded the actor had committed suicide, the case was subsequently taken up by CBI, with Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Narcotics Control?Bureau (NCB) also joining the investigation.

Earlier this year, Arbaaz had filed a case against “Dabangg” director Abhinav Singh Kashyap, following the latter’s accusations that the Khan family had sabotaged his career.

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Kangana Ranaut alleges BMC has threatened to demolish her neighbours’ houses

Published

on

Kangana-Ranaut

Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut alleged on Tuesday that the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has served notices to her neighbours. The actress claimed the BMC has threatened to demolish the houses of her neighbours if they support her.

The actress took to her verified Twitter account on Tuesday to voice her allegations against the BMC.

“Today @mybmc has served notices to all my neighbors, @mybmc had threatened them to socially isolate me, they were told if they supported me they would break their houses as well. My neighbors have not said anything against Maharashtra government please spare their houses,” tweeted Kangana.

Days after tension started between Kangana and the Shiv Sena government, on September 9, the BMC demolished parts of the actress’ office in Bandra citing illegal construction. The demolition work was stopped midway after a stay order from Bombay High Court.

Kangana subsequently tweeted photographs of her demolished office building calling it a “rape” of her “dreams, confidence, self-respect and future”.

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Actress Payal Ghosh meets Maharashtra governor seeking Y category security

Published

on

payal-ghosh

Actress Payal Ghosh, who has accused filmmaker Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment, met Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari on Tuesday seeking Y-category security.

The meeting took place at Raj Bhavan in the city. Payal was accompanied by Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Ramdas Athawale.

Payal’s advocate Nitin Satpute told IANS: “We have given a letter to the governor seeking protection, and informed him about the case. Ramdas Athawale ji also requested him to look into the matter because the police are not doing anything. He assured us that he is concerned about atrocities against women happening in the state and will be looking into the matter. I have asked for Y-category security for Payal and myself. Payal has threat to her life and I am protecting her, so I am also vulnerable from anti-social elements.”

Governor Koshyari tweeted from his official account on Tuesday afternoon: “Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. @RamdasAthawale accompanied by film actress Payal Ghosh called on at Raj Bhavan, Mumbai and presented a memorandum.”

The Governor also shared photographs from the meeting.

Payal Ghosh also tweeted from her verified account: “Had a great meeting with honorable @maha_governor Shri @BSKoshyari Sir. He had supported me and we have to go all the way. The naysayers will be there but I will not stop, not stop and not stop. Bring it on!!”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending