Connect with us
Sunday,28-February-2021

Bollywood

Actor Manoj Bajpayee: ‘The Family Man 2’ an experience you won’t forget

Published

on

Manoj-Bajpayee

Anticipation over the second season of The Family Man is running high, and lead actor Manoj Bajpayee promises the upcoming chapter will be an experience that is bigger and different.

Bajpayee returns as NIA agent Srikant Tiwari on season two. He struggles to balance personal and professional lives while fighting against a new nemesis, Raji, played by South star Samantha Akkineni.

“At times I reserve comments (about my work) because you start sounding flamboyant. All I would say is that it is going to be far bigger and far more different than before,” Bajpayee told IANS.

“It is going to be an experience that you will not forget easily,” he promised.

Besides Bajpayee, the show will bring back Priyamani, Sharib Hashmi, and Sharad Kelkar from season one. Created, directed and produced by Raj and DK, the show also features Darshan Kumar, Sunny Hinduja, Shreya Dhanwantary, Shahab Ali, Vedant Sinha, Mahek Thakur and Seema Biswas.

The series will see actors from the Tamil film world including Mime Gopi, Ravindra Vijay, Devadarshini Chetan, Anandsami and N. Alagamperumal in the cast too, when it comes drops on February 12.

Meanwhile, the actor hopes the advent of content-driven projects, triggered by OTT, continues to draw focus towards talent. Asked about the change he would want to see in the industry, Bajpayee replied: “I just want this industry to focus on talent.”

“Just focus on new talent that is coming in, with so ideas, integrity and passion. I think we should give priority to that,” said the actor, who recently joined stars like Saif Ali Khan, Samantha Akkineni, Tisca Chopra and Divya Dutta to discuss the future of the industry through Royal Stag Barrel Select Large Short Films Evening discussions.

Bollywood

Amitabh Bachchan blogs about ‘medical condition’, mentions ‘surgery’

Published

on

Bollywood veteran Amitabh Bachchan has blogged to reveal that he is undergoing surgery owing to a medical condition. The 78-year-old actor did not share details, and concerned fans were soon wishing him quick recovery.

“Medical condition.. surgery.. can’t write,” Big B wrote in a blog entry dated Saturday. Over the past few hours, many of his fans have naturally taken to social media to wish him good health.

The actor’s office is yet to officially give out details.

Big B started the year with a packed schedule. He has five films coming up. While his next release is Rumi Jafry’s psychological suspense drama “Chehre”, co-starring Emraan Hashmi and Rhea Chakraborty, Big B has lately been busy shooting for the thriller “Mayday”, co-starring and directed by Ajay Devgn. The film also stars Rakul Preet Singh.

He will also be seen in “Sairat” maker Nagraj Manjule’s social drama “Jhund”, slated to open on June 18. The veteran actor also has Ayan Mukerji’s action fantasy film “Brahmastra” lined up, co-starring Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Nagarjuna and Mouni Roy. There is an untitled project co-starring Prabhas and Deepika Padukone lined up, too.

Last year, the actor had been hospitalised after testing Covid positive, along with son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and granddaughter Aaradhya.

Big B’s last-released film is Shoojit Sircar’s “Gulabo Sitabo” where he shared the screen with actor Ayushmann Khurrana. The film had released digitally.

He also recently hosted season 12 of the quiz show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Kangana Ranaut accuses Twitter of shadow banning her account

Published

on

Kangana-Ranaut

Actress Kangana Ranaut on Saturday accused the microblogging platform Twitter of shadow banning her account. Kangana says the Twitter management is scared of her but can’t suspend her and hence the shadow ban.

“I am shadow banned cos chacha @jack and his promoters of free speech @Twitter team is scared of me, they can’t suspend me but they can’t even let me keep exposing them every day, I am not here to catch followers or promote myself I am here for the nation and that hurts them,” Kangana tweeted on Saturday.

Earlier on Friday, Kangana took a jibe at her rumoured ex-boyfriend Hrithik Roshan. The actress reacted to a news piece on Twitter that says: “#HrithikRoshan to Appear Before Mumbai’s #CrimeBranch on February 27 to Record Statement in Case Against #KanganaRanaut.”

Reacting to this, Kangana tweeted: “Duniya kahan se kahan pahunch gayi magar mera silly ex abhi bhi waheen hai usi modh pe jahan yeh waqt dobara laut ke nahi jane wala (No matter where the world has moved on but my silly ex is still standing there where time will never return).

Continue Reading

Bollywood

Ajay Devgn starts shooting for Bhansali’s ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’

Published

on

Ajay-Devgn

Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn started shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Gangubai Kathiawadi on Saturday, and a picture of the actor from the set is doing the rounds all through the day. In the image, Ajay is seen reading the script and Bhansali stands next to him.

The duo has reunited after 22 years after they worked together in the 1999 blockbuster “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam”.

Gangubai Kathiawadi stars Alia Bhatt in the title role. The story revolves on the life of Gangubai Kothewali, the madam of a brothel in Kamathipura, and is based on a chapter of Hussain Zaidi’s book Mafia Queens Of Mumbai.

This is the first time that Bhansali directs Alia. The film is Bhansali’s 10th directorial and is set to release on July 30.

The film is all scheduled to hit the cinema halls on July 30 this year.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending