Nearly 7.97 lakh students in the Uttar Pradesh – known as the Hindi heartland – have failed in Hindi in the UP Secondary Board examinations for class 10 and 12, the results of which were announced on Saturday.
According to the Board officials, around 2.70 lakh students failed to secure passing marks in Hindi in Intermediate, while 5.28 lakh students in High School failed in their Hindi paper.
Around 2.39 lakh students of High School and Intermediate of the Board had skipped their Hindi papers.
A high school teacher who evaluated Hindi copies for class 12, said on condition of anonymity, “Many of the children did not know simple words like ‘atmavishwas’ and wrote ‘confidence’, albeit with a wrong spelling. Some of them wrote ‘suffer’ for ‘yatra’. This reflects their level of the knowledge of the language,” she said.
She further said that majority of the students tend to ignore Hindi because they feel there is no need to study the language which does not offer future prospects.
Board officials, meanwhile, said that the number of students failing in Hindi was around 10 lakh last year. Around 56 lakh students had appeared in the Board examinations of the UP Board this year.
Will comply with India ban, not sharing users’ data with China: TikTok
Chinese short-video making app TikTok on Tuesday said it is in the process of complying with the Indian government order to ban 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok, and is not sharing any data of Indian users with the Chinese government.
The Indian government on Monday banned apps like TikTok, WeChat, UC Browser and Xiaomi’s Mi Community over national security concerns as India-China bilateral relations remain strained after the death of 20 Indian soldiers in the Galwan Valley clash with Chinese PLA troops in eastern Ladakh.
“The government of India has issued an interim order for the blocking of 59 apps, including TikTok and we are in the process of complying with it,” Nikhil Gandhi, Head of TikTok India, said in a statement, adding that the company has been invited to meet with concerned government stakeholders for an opportunity to respond and submit clarifications.
“TikTok continues to comply with all data privacy and security requirements under Indian law and have not shared any information of our users in India with any foreign government, including the Chinese Government,” Gandhi explained.
The app disappeared from both Google Play Store and Apple App Store on Tuesday. There was no official communication from Google or Apple on its removal from their respective stores.
ByteDance-owned TikTok said that it places the highest importance on user privacy and integrity.
“TikTok has democratized the internet by making it available in 14 Indian languages, with hundreds of millions of users, artists, story-tellers, educators and performers depending on it for their livelihood, many of whom are first-time internet users,” said Gandhi.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) on Monday issued a list of 59 Chinese apps that are now banned in the country.
“These measures have been undertaken since there is credible information that these apps are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order,” said a MeitY statement.
The ministry received complaints from various sources including several reports about misuse of some mobile apps available on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorised manner to servers which have locations outside India.
The MeitY said the move will safeguard the interests of crores of Indian mobile users.
Other Chinese apps in the banned list are Club Factory, SHAREit, Likee, Mi Video Call (Xiaomi), Weibo, Baidu, Bigo Live and others.
Mumbai US consulate to help feed ‘Dabbawalas’, TV workers
David J. Ranz.(File Photo: IANS)
A In an unique initiative, the US Consulate in Mumbai will collaborate with celebrity Chef Vikas Khanna’s #FeedIndia to serve foodstuffs and other help to the city’s world-famous tribe of ‘Dabbawalas’ and television industry workers, an official said here on Tuesday.
The US Consul-General in Mumbai David J. Ranz will help in handing over food and other support items to around 2,000 Dabbawalas and 3,000 television industry workers through the CINTAA.
The total food donations would be around 100,000 kg at a special function to be held at Hotel Hyatt Regency on Friday (June 26).
Besides Dabbawalas, CINTAA office-bearers will attend the event organized by Maximus Collabs, who has been associated with Chef Khanna for major initiatives under the #FeedIndia campaign.
“I am proud to be part of such a wonderful campaign which has brought food and other basic supplies to so many people during this tough time. Chef Khanna’s initiative is providing vital support to thousands of families in need,” remarked Ranz.
Chef Khanna said he launched the initiative two months ago but with the help of the US Consulate, hopes to reach out to more people and lauded Ranz for his support to help the Dabbawalas and the TV industry staff in these critical times.
Launched in April 2020 at the height of lockdown, #FeedIndia initiative has so far distributed more than 14 million meals plus food kits to the needy in 135 cities including Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mangalore, Mumbai, Varanasi and others.
India witnesses annual solar eclipse 2020
India on Sunday witnessed annual solar eclipse or ‘surya grahan’ 2020, the third eclipse even for this year after first two lunar eclipses took place in January and June and the last annual solar eclipse of this decade.
The solar eclipse started from around 9 a.m. across the Indian map as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth came in a straight line, and the country witnessed the ‘deepest’ annular solar eclipse in over a century.
Astrologers said it a fourth super rare hybrid eclipse which is a mix between an annular and total solar eclipse.
Areas like Hyderabad, Chennai, Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Delhi, Patna, Shillong and more witnessed a partial phase of the annular solar eclipse from 9 a.m.
In the eclipse, the distance of the Moon and Earth will be larger than usual which means the moon will not be able to cover up the sun fully and will leave out the borders of the sun – giving an appearance of a “Ring of Fire”.
Press Information Bureau in a tweet informed that it is the last annular solar eclipse in India of this decade.
People can catch glimpse of the partially covered sun between 10 a.m. and 2.28 p.m. as per the time differing as locations in India. The eclipse will continue for over three hours covering 84 per cent Sun.
There are three types of solar eclipses – total, partial, and annular.
Was a little surprised England didn’t pick Broad: Jason Holder
Ben Stokes took a cigarette break to calm nerves before WC final Super Over
England vs West Indies: Chris Silverwood bats for Buttler ahead of second Test
Foundation for all MS Dhoni did was laid by Ganguly, feels Kumar Sangakkara
Was disappointed at not taking team over the line, says Jermaine Blackwood
Allow Bakri-Eid with restrictions: Maharashtra Congress to CM
Actress Diana Penty: I’m usually not a love story kind of person
Maharashtra government extends lockdown till July 31
Eight policemen killed by gangster in Kanpur
Gangster Vikas Dubey ‘surrenders’ in Ujjain’s Mahakaal temple
Watch Video: Mentally Retarded Man Illegally Walks On Mumbai Airport’s Runway, Stopped Flight, CISF Arrested
Viral Video: Zomato Lady Abuses Traffic Police, FIR Filed In Vashi Police Station
Viral Video: Zomato Food Delivery Woman Abuses Traffic Police’s Towing Van Driver For This Reason!
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Teaser Review: Karan Deol And Sahher Bambba Chemistry Sparks
Mumbai Rains Update: Four Injured In Goregaon East Landslide, 400 People Evacuated From Kranti Nagar
Fashion2 years ago
Best Bridal Makeup Artists In Mumbai – 2018
General1 year ago
High Court Allowed Herbal flavour Hookah In Maharashtra
Crime2 years ago
SEBI Confirmed Heera Gold In Ponzi Scheme, ED, SFIO And EOW Probing The Case
Crime2 years ago
Watch Video: Heera Group Supporter Threatening Victims
Bollywood2 years ago
Aamir Khan says When I sign a film, I first look at the story
Business2 years ago
OPPO’s First Research and Development centre to open in Hyderabad
Crime12 months ago
Hindu Sena Wrote Letter To Modi Government To Ban Quran, Says It’s A Threat To National Security
Bollywood2 years ago
Rishi Kapoor calls British Airways As ‘racist’