Mumbai News: Fire Breaks Out In Byculla Building, 5 Rescued

Mumbai: A massive fire broke out in a building in Mumbai’s Byculla area on Wednesday morning. The blaze was reported around 7 a.m. from the Saifee Manzil in the congested Sankli Street area of Byculla. A total of 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Five people were rescued from the building. Firefighting operations are underway. No injuries were reported till now.

Visuals of the incident show thick smoke emerging out of the building causing black clouds in the sky above. Some people can be seen in the video who were waiting for the fire brigade to arrive at the scene. Sirens of the fire trucks can also be heard in the surroundings.

According to the latest update from the Municipal Fire Brigade department, the fire was confined to shoes, footwear & leather stock, garments, electric wiring, and electric installation. Four to five people were rescued safely by the firemen from the staircase of the adjacent G+2 structure.

Recent Fire Incidents Reported

A minor fire broke out on the balcony of room no. 1301, 13th floor, B wing, Red Wood 15-storey building in Jogeshwari west on Sunday (Nov 12) at 9 pm, caused by firecrackers. The blaze, confined to a sewing machine and wooden furniture, was swiftly extinguished within 10-15 minutes by the fire brigade. No injuries were reported.

A fire broke out on Friday evening (Nov 10) in a 11-storey building in Vile Parle, resulting in the demise of a 95-year-old senior citizen named Harshada Janardan Pathak. The victim was declared brought dead by doctors at Cooper Hospital.

The fire originated in flat no. 201 on the second floor of Vile Grand Residency building, Punam Baug, Nariman Road, Vile Parle East, according to the BMC. The incident took place at 7:27 pm on Friday in a building that comprises a ground floor and 12 upper floors.

Related Articles

error: Content is protected !!